Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife and I just got the 2020 G4 XP Deluxe with Ride Command. Currently I must max the volume to hear it when we ride, but if I go into the radio settings and change the region it increases volume exponentially.
It "feels" like when we start the bike up, only the 2 front speakers work with no amp. Once we change the region it kicks in the rest of the speakers and the amp.

Has anyone ran into this?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Sounds strange.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So my wife and I just got the 2020 G4 XP Deluxe with Ride Command. Currently I must max the volume to hear it when we ride, but if I go into the radio settings and change the region it increases volume exponentially.
It "feels" like when we start the bike up, only the 2 front speakers work with no amp. Once we change the region it kicks in the rest of the speakers and the amp.

Assuming its the stage 4 system, what happens when you move balance frt to rear? My XP speakers quit working or move balance. Had a dealer tech look at it and order a new Ride C head. I haven't been able to get it looked at yet though, dealer is closed due to the C-19 virus business shut down here in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Mine is doing exactly the same thing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Assuming its the stage 4 system, what happens when you move balance frt to rear? My XP speakers quit working or move balance. Had a dealer tech look at it and order a new Ride C head. I haven't been able to get it looked at yet though, dealer is closed due to the C-19 virus business shut down here in Wisconsin.
I just fixed mine by doing the ride command system update from the ride command website.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Yes if have the same problem with my 2019 ride command spent 3 months so far with polaris tring udates took it the dealer they replaced the ride command head didnt fix it they replaced the sound bar still didnt fix polaris said i found a glitch in there software supposedly theyll get a hold of me when they fix the bug not too happy

·
Registered
2 Posts

Yes if have the same problem with my 2019 ride command spent 3 months so far with polaris tring udates took it the dealer they replaced the ride command head didnt fix it they replaced the sound bar still didnt fix polaris said i found a glitch in there software supposedly theyll get a hold of me when they fix the bug not too happy

·
Registered
2 Posts
got the same problem. change regions and the sound will increase dramatically and seem to work fine....then after a day or so, it goes back to low volumes (meaning you have to set it to 8 or 9 to even hear it while riding), then change region setting and it goes back to blasting loudly, as it should. volume settings of 4 to 5 are ample for listening while riding, 6 to 7 will blow you away. Then the cycle just repeats. not too happy, no real confirmations of how to deal with this from the dealer or Polaris....but it seems to be a common issue for many of us. Hope Polaris can figure it out. I have updated the software multiple times and that does not fix it. Also, as many others have claimed, my fader is functioning from Subwoofer to all 4 speakers, NOT front to back, as it should. No answer on why this...from Polaris either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Same issues on our 2020 XP 4 1000. Rockford Fosgate tech said it won’t fade because it only has a 2 channel amplifier. That is the way that Polaris set the system up. Tech said you need the 5 channel amplifier to be able to fade. It’s another $700 for that amplifier from Rockford Fosgate.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's insane. Rockford Fosgate is as much the blame as Polaris is. Very deceitful. I may purchase another amp (marine grade) but won't be RF especially at their prices. We shouldn't have to purchase one to begin with. I'm so pissed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I updated ours and the sound level is the same between regions now but the output is lower than it was before after changing regions. Used to be able to have it at 5-6 after and now have to have it at 7-8.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I update ours and the sound level is the same between regions now but the output is lower than it was before after changing regions. Used to be able to have it at 5-6 after and now have to have it at 7-8.
Same here. I’ve thought about going back to the old software but I like the gauges better with the new software. Hopefully they’ll update the sound settings again to the higher output with the next update.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts