Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:
Just got a new 2021 General XP 4 1000 Factory Custom Edition. Love the look and the features after upgrading from a 2019 2 seat General Deluxe. The dealer has been great about working through a quality issue I noticed when taking delivery, but is still waiting on Polaris corporate for direction. Wondering what the group thinks the best resolution/fix may be for it. The rear passenger grab bar had small bumps powdercoated in and the welds are super sloppy. The small "burrs" actually are sharp enough to cut your hand.

Since that bar is part of the overall structure, short of grinding/sanding and repainting it (at the dealer) or replacing the entire unit, I am wondering what the best action would be? Pad it with some sort of grip to just mask the issue? Any other opinions or thoughts?

A lot of photos here...

Thanks!
Brian

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Insist the dealer replace the part. The ROPS cage bolts together in pieces, so not that big of a deal.

Pirate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Insist the dealer replace the part. The ROPS cage bolts together in pieces, so not that big of a deal.

Pirate
Unfortunately, this bar is part of the welded frame "below" where the ROPS structures bolt into from what I can tell. Bar highlighted in yellow.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Find your own solution. Polaris isn't likely to come up with anything that makes sense...assuming they offer any remedy at all.
Having said that, it appears the slag is mostly on the "hoops". Aren't these "bumpstops" for the front seat backs? Not someplace you'd want to have your hands.
Regardless, that's some crappy welding.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I ground them off mine and brush touched them
It is the grab bar the small hops are seat bump stops

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts