Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has one else found random plastic push pins on the floor after a ride with no holes to be found? i have found 3-4 so far make me think i'm missing something.

·
Super Moderator
4,060 Posts
When I got mine home from the dealer when I bought it I looked threw it and found two on floor one under the pass seat and 5 in the center console I think if they drop them on the assembly line they just leave them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 19 Deluxe. I found a lot of places that the push pins were sloppy. I replaced them with some that were a little larger. That really helps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the 19 Deluxe. I found a lot of places that the push pins were sloppy. I replaced them with some that were a little larger. That really helps.
I have found that the Honda brand at my dealer, are a better fit when I need one to replace one I buggerd up. Also, maybe it's just my dealer, but they charge $2.50 for Polaris brand push rivet, vs $.49 for the Honda brand. I bought a bag of 25!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have found that the Honda brand at my dealer, are a better fit when I need one to replace one I buggerd up. Also, maybe it's just my dealer, but they charge $2.50 for Polaris brand push rivet, vs $.49 for the Honda brand. I bought a bag of 25!!

Honda push rivet on the left. Polaris on the right. I obviously the Honda head of the rivet is larger, but they have worked in every spot so far on the General.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
They make different widths and lengths if you need longer or shorter. Just do a search on Amazon.
The link above those are 8mm wide and 20mm long.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I saw those on Amazon and will probably buy the ones you linked to, but, I do like throwing the local dealer a bone here or there, especially since I didn't buy my rig there. 😉

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you can find Honda push pins get them. They don’t look much different than the Polaris ones but they seem to hold up better. My next post will show how I use push pins to attach my Chupacabra door bags to my doors
My two pesos

Cheers Baja Charlie

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you can find Honda push pins get them. They don’t look much different than the Polaris ones but they seem to hold up better. My next post will show how I use push pins to attach my Chupacabra door bags to my doors
My two pesos

Cheers Baja Charlie
I agree BC. I posted pictures above of the Honda pins that I use.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts