Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm not sure if they are the same, I know in the XP world you can upgrade to a heavier duty reverse chain from the mud version.

The XP turbo finally did away with the reverse chain, but currently it's the only Polaris to do so.

It really is a dumb design, every time I put my XP in reverse I cringe a little.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I thought i heard someone on here say something about a double reverse chain.It was the big lifted general.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I thought i heard someone on here say something about a double reverse chain.It was the big lifted general.
loweredchevy88 can you help us out on the double reverse chain you speak of? :grin2:

·
1,563 Posts
There is a reduction gear set that is supposed to be availible I will be looking for. Not sure who is making it. I'll spread the word if I find it.
Shouldn't happen. Very bad design. But that said, big grippy tires will snap that Polaris chain. It was a point of discussion at the dealers I visited this week. One guy wants a tire that will slip so he won't tear up the drive train. Almost all chains he replaces are on rigs with big lug tires. He was building a lifted rig in his shop and installing portals. Looked awesome. To big for my neck of the woods but cool project to see.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There is a reduction gear set that is supposed to be availible I will be looking for. Not sure who is making it. I'll spread the word if I find it.
Shouldn't happen. Very bad design. But that said, big grippy tires will snap that Polaris chain. It was a point of discussion at the dealers I visited this week. One guy wants a tire that will slip so he won't tear up the drive train. Almost all chains he replaces are on rigs with big lug tires. He was building a lifted rig in his shop and installing portals. Looked awesome. To big for my neck of the woods but cool project to see.
if you click on that link from gjcommando you can add the gear reduction for extra 500.It's for the razor but im sure it's coming for the general.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If you are running 100% stock to they cover a chain breakage under warranty.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you are running 100% stock to they cover a chain breakage under warranty.
They do? That's why I really don't go to crazy cause my warranty. Just gonna put 30's on it and let it eat.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks that is a good reason to stay stock. :)
I read that wrong.I was asking you if it was under warranty.I thought you were saying they do.hahahaha..

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll ask on Tuesday if it does cover that.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I talked to the dealer today when they called and told me mine was finished and ready to pick up. I asked him what he thought about the problem with the reverse chain. He said he did not know what I was talking about he had never seen one. He sees broken axles and other things. They sell over 300 sxs a year it is a big dealer. He said if it is stock the reverse chain is covered under warranty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts