Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months back my wife mentioned she slides around in the seat & I immediately took this a green light to get a harnesses and upgrade the seats.
After reading some reviews on harnesses I decided they weren't for us & our type of riding.
But seats...oh yeah we gotta get them!!!
Decided on the PRP GT/SE suspension seats and picked colors from a tiny photo on the website & selected the seat heater option and then rolled the dice and placed an order.

First ride with the seats and seat heaters was this weekend.

Pro's
  • Easy seat install (ignoring the wiring for the seat heaters as I don't like any wiring jobs)
  • Quality construction. When you pick them you notice right away you got something good in your hands. Stitching etc all look good.
  • Fit the butt like a glove. Like a glove!!! For me its a little concerning because if I gain gain 5 pounds it'll be too tight at the hips. So in buying the PRP seats I think I have a built in mechanism to get some exercise.
  • Wife loves them & mentioned it sorta/kinda makes the bumps a little softer. For me, I also thought the same but not like getting a shock upgrade. Just a little smoother in small bumps.
  • Easier to clean.
  • To me, they look cool.
  • I feel you sit a little more reclined, slightly. I like it.
  • Seat heaters are better than what I had previously. I had the Polaris seat heaters and they were ok but just heated the seat and not your back. These heat your seat and back.
  • Removing the seats is better. Slick strap on the back to pop the seats out and save you from pinching your fingers.

Con's
  • Cost
  • Risk in picking the colors from a computer generated picture....yup, risky.
  • Hip bolsters. I'm 6' 4" and getting in the General is now a little more of a process. Getting in, I have to lead with my butt instead of my head as the hip bolsters are maybe 3" high...kind of like a speed bump, slow down and deal with it.
  • Not really a con but more of an FYI: The seats are bigger and take up more width than stock. I didn't buy the "extra width" ...Not sure if the extra width are physically wider or just wider in the butt section but the regular do fill up most (or all) of the available space, width wise.
  • Stock seatbelts are a little trickier to latch. Because they come through the hip bolster they're not as easy to latch (for me) as the stock seats. With a helmet on you're going by feel and my feel was a little off.
  • No photo to attach as I'm on work computer & the computer cops think its supposedly not cool to do so....ugh, I'll post from home.

·
Registered
235 Posts
very nice, thinking about upgrading to those myself. however, all i see in the pic is the vette!!😁

·
Registered
118 Posts
Those look awesome thinking about going with the same seat here soon. Is that a split window corvette in the back ground ?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Those sure look like nice seats

1 - 8 of 8 Posts