Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uJoints have some play so I have decided to rebuild the whole shaft(both u joints and carrier bearing). While I have the skid plate pulled is there anything else I should replace or do other than potentially replacing the skid plate itself with a HD skid plate, which I am currently shopping around for.

· Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
5,119 Posts
You know. The only thing U-joint driveshafts are good for is short fence posts. Period!
I'm not sure, but I seem to recall the current Polaris set up still has a U-joint at the rear of the Carrier Bearing.

I've been running CCI Driveline driveshafts since Nov 2016. Not a bit of problem and all CV-Joints. Yes they have boots, just like your axles do. With a good set of skid plates, you won't have any problems with them. I haven't.
Eric is the man at CCI Driveline.
Pirate

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know. The only thing U-joint driveshafts are good for is short fence posts. Period!
I'm not sure, but I seem to recall the current Polaris set up still has a U-joint at the rear of the Carrier Bearing.

I've been running CCI Driveline driveshafts since Nov 2016. Not a bit of problem and all CV-Joints. Yes they have boots, just like your axles do. With a good set of skid plates, you won't have any problems with them. I haven't.
Eric is the man at CCI Driveline.
Pirate
Thanks pirate. I’ll check them out

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So for my wallets sake, I ordered 3 u-joints and a new carrier bearing. On my machine the front shaft has 2 smaller diameter u-joints with internal snap rings instead of the C clip. I’ve done a ton of digging but can’t seem to find the part I need. Even the local Polaris shop tan the part number off the shaft and said that they should fit. But do not.

· Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
5,119 Posts
Hmmm...I think I would take the driveshaft, with old U-joint and new U-joint as is and take it to the nearest clutch shop or driveline shop and ask them for the correct U-joint.

Just thinking...if you have a digital caliper set, $12.95 at Harbor Freight you could measure the old U-joint with caps on and look up the size U-joint.

Pirate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts