Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 2019 Polaris 1000 general deluxe in late September 2019. After using the machine in turf mode on road the drive shaft pulled out and the steel threads on rear dive shaft became grinded down on the end to shaft for 1/4". I called the dealership to get a appointment and they couldn't get me in until for 5 to 6 weeks. They had the machine for a week before machine was repaired with new drive shaft. I have contacted the Polaris Connections and they haven't given me a answer on why this happened. The dealership and Polaris said not happened before. I just had the machine in shop for 25 hours service and a Diagnostic test on rear axle. The Dealership said their was a few shavings in fluid but they said all gears are good and axle is in working order. They did extend the warranty 3 months. NOT HAPPY.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I wouldn’t be either. On one hand I understand why the warranty period on these machines is so short. Some people just run the heck out of them abusing them. So hard to expect a warranty like that of say a Buick.

On the other hand I see no reason there can’t be a much longer warranty on the power train if you can prove fluid and filter changes have been done.

And certainly the warranty should be extended for the periods it sat in their shop.

Funny that I can buy a 800 hp Mopar and hammer the **** out of it even at the track and still have a full long factory warranty!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldn't be happy either. However turf mode is not advised for use in high speed situations or fast take off. I have had mine since August and try to avoid ever using turf mode. The reason I avoid turf mode is simple. I read about the issues with it on this forum before buying. Hope it all works out for you!

·
Registered
92 Posts
21 hours on the Clock and probably 10 minutes of that in Turf Mode. Just don’t want it grenading given the issues posted on the Forum.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wouldn't be happy either. However turf mode is not advised for use in high speed situations or fast take off. I have had mine since August and try to avoid ever using turf mode. The reason I avoid turf mode is simple. I read about the issues with it on this forum before buying. Hope it all works out for you!
You may want to do some more research so you will better understand how the system works.

And your unit (19’) uses the spider gear differential instead of the old Avalanche differential, that you hear most of the horror stories about.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Forgive me, but did you mean the splines in the yoke that slips over the transmission output shaft?

Have heard of one other forum member having that happen.

We would all love to see some pictures of the damage.

Not sure how this happens...but want to know!!!

Pirate

·
Registered
12 Posts
Toxic.... wasn't asking for a smart aleck opinion I have been riding Polaris for over 20 years. Keep your opinion to yourself. I only had good things to say about this community until now!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I had to re-read the OP a couple times. So the original problem was the axle popped out of the trans? This wore the splines? Very hard to follow.
Firstly what are you talking about?
The old style turf mode will fail whether you use it or not. I have never heard anything about speed in relation to the turf mode use either. The owners manual advises against switching in and out of turf mode at high speed. It does not give a limit on speed in either mode.
My turf mode failed at 100 hours. I trail ride my machine and I pull a self powered flail mower with it. I was lucky that Polaris good will warrantied the transmission and replaced it with a 19. My machine is an 18 Limited Edition.
Toxic.... wasn't asking for a smart aleck opinion I have been riding Polaris for over 20 years. Keep your opinion to yourself. I only had good things to say about this community until now!
I hope this is a joke. Toxic is a great contributor here. He knows things.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You want to see things that shouldnt fail, but do, look at the heavy equipment arena. Them guys tear **** up that is thought impossible. Engineers scratch their heads more days than not. Those machines cost WAY more than these toys we obsess over. I am sorry to hear that your machine has had some issues. Hopefully your dealer has your back, and POLARIS stands their product. Best advice is to not be an irate azzhole from the start. I am on that side of the deal on heavy equipment. When someone cops an attitude from the start, they automatically get less attention. Not always fair. But the way it is. That is why shopping for the "best deal" isnt always the best option.

·
Registered
463 Posts
APBT82 - Sorry but you gave poor advise and were corrected. That wasn't opinion, it was just clearing up an incorrect statement. It's those kind of statements that people refer to later on and continue bad information.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts