Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So decided to put my General on the jack and check the preload. From the factory mine came with zero preload. So I added 1/2 an inch and took it for a spin. I really liked how it felt and drove. Got it to around 40 around the side of our field in the dirt and it dug right in. Seemed to help with some of the understeering in the curves. I was also able to back my shocks back to the middle setting. I will have to give it a little time to really see what I think about it.

On a side note...... I gained an inch on clearance.

·
Read Only
1,001 Posts
So decided to put my General on the jack and check the preload. From the factory mine came with zero preload. So I added 1/2 an inch and took it for a spin. I really liked how it felt and drove. Got it to around 40 around the side of our field in the dirt and it dug right in. Seemed to help with some of the understeering in the curves. I was also able to back my shocks back to the middle setting. I will have to give it a little time to really see what I think about it.

On a side note...... I gained an inch on clearance.
Which General do you have?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is nothing wrong with the setting that comes from the factory. You should have gotten a spanner wrench when you bought it. It was packaged in the ziplock bag with the manual. My wrench wouldn't fit correctly so I had to grind a little off to get it to fit. But when I adjusted mine I didn't use it. I used a brass rod and small tap hammer to loosen and tighten the lock nut.

Just remember..... MEASURE - MEASURE - MEASURE. Know where you started so you can go back to it if needed. When you set it back on the ground measure it. Then take it for a ride and measure it again.

·
Read Only
1,001 Posts
So is the preload on these not adequate? Did everybody get a tool kit with their General? I did not.
Well I went into my dealer today and he tells me he is still "looking into my tool kit" I told him it has been 18 days since i told you about it he tried giving me a tool kit from a Razr I told him that the shock tool was missing the clutch part on the other end for belt replacement and he tried telling me it is not like that, I wanted to grab him by his throat!!! :mad: So he goes back to the Service Department to talk to one of the guys back there and I go over to the Parts Dept. and buy a belt for $199 and next thing you know here he comes with the right tool:laugh: I am so sick of every time I go in there I know more than they do!!:confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts