Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2022 General XP 1000 Deluxe Ride Command Edition
12 Posts
What is the part number that you used? Did you also put a prefilter on the main engine filter? If yes, what part number?
Yep...I used the advice from Renob4x4 above in post # 8. Same part numbers. The links to both are below.

• One 20-2900 (on the air filter)
• Two 20-1094 (on the under hood intakes)

Product Font Gas Cylinder Carmine

·
Registered
2019 rc
87 Posts
Duraclutch also offers a unique style of clutch intake filter for under hood that includes a coarse foam element on the outside fused with a fine element on the inside. Although i am currently only running Outerwears due to riding solo 90% of the time, If I were in a group scenario I would definitely consider running one of these! Clean clutches= happy life!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Duraclutch also offers a unique style of clutch intake filter for under hood that includes a coarse foam element on the outside fused with a fine element on the inside. Although i am currently only running Outerwears due to riding solo 90% of the time, If I were in a group scenario I would definitely consider running one of these! Clean clutches= happy life!!
Those definitely look like they'd keep the dust in the clutches to a minimum. I wonder if they allow enough airflow to keep the clutches and belt from running hot under extreme riding conditions? Which takes in more air...this or the secondary filter on the side of the cab?

White Motor vehicle Automotive tire Camera lens Hood

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Those definitely look like they'd keep the dust in the clutches to a minimum. I wonder if they allow enough airflow to keep the clutches and belt from running hot under extreme riding conditions? Which takes in more air...this or the secondary filter on the side of the cab?

View attachment 73225
I am wondering the same thing.
Would have to do a restriction test or whatever they would call that.

Reactions: DHaynes46072

·
Registered
2019 rc
87 Posts
In support of our vendors I just purchased my engine air filter Outerwears from Bs Fab last night. Have not been running one on engine filter as my stock filter with 1000 miles looks like new. Every time i take it out to inspect/clean there is virtually no dust/debris on it! Far cry from my 08 RZR where i carried a spare filter for a 50 mile ride and tested several new designs including Dragonfire, K&N, UNI, Amsoil just to name a few, Finally ending up with one from Vent racing which used a Donaldson main filter with auxillary safety filter inside. After three engine rebuilds due to Polaris teething pains in the filtration department I can finally say I think the General is hands down one of the best designs so far.

·
Registered
2019 rc
87 Posts
I also believe the secondary clutch intake behind driver door ingests most of the contaminants vs underhood primary clutch intake. Double protection installed there, Wolfsnout foam lined inner Frogskin along with fully sealing the back side of intake plenum behind fender greatly reduced dust intake.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
I wouldn't back off on blowing the clutches out.
What you will find is dust as fine as face powder.
Outerwears and Frogzskin materials stop particles larger than 50 microns. So there is still stuff getting through, but danged little. But you'll still get a puff of dust when blowing out the clutches.
For me, instead of a couple tablespoons of dirt in the cover. I get a quarter teaspoon of face powder. So, I still blow the clutches out with compressed air and wipe the cover out with a very damp cloth after a dusty days ride.

Pirate

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also believe the secondary clutch intake behind driver door ingests most of the contaminants vs underhood primary clutch intake. Double protection installed there, Wolfsnout foam lined inner Frogskin along with fully sealing the back side of intake plenum behind fender greatly reduced dust intake.
Do you have link for the Wolfsnout foam or maybe pics? I can't seem to find anything from wolfsnout for that cab-side clutch intake.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Just ordered one! Thank you so much. I think I need to change my riding style. I'm finding the General a bit more top heavy than my RZR. LOL Luckily didn't break anything or even put a scratch on her this past weekend!

View attachment 73300

Should have changed out your skid plate while you were at it! ;)

Reactions: Buelligan666
21 - 40 of 41 Posts