Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 General XP 1000 Deluxe Ride Command Edition
12 Posts
Decided to go with the group consensus that these are a good idea. I live near Attica, IN where I ride Badlands several times a year. After spending the day in their sand dunes, my RZR would be full of dust. So these will be an added layer of protection to my new 2022 G2 so I'm not blowing out clutch housings so often! Went with the orange to match the trim.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

Product Orange Automotive tire Fluid Asphalt

·
Registered
12 Posts
What is the part number that you used? Did you also put a prefilter on the main engine filter? If yes, what part number?
Yep...I used the advice from Renob4x4 above in post # 8. Same part numbers. The links to both are below.

• One 20-2900 (on the air filter)
• Two 20-1094 (on the under hood intakes)

Product Font Gas Cylinder Carmine

·
Registered
12 Posts
Duraclutch also offers a unique style of clutch intake filter for under hood that includes a coarse foam element on the outside fused with a fine element on the inside. Although i am currently only running Outerwears due to riding solo 90% of the time, If I were in a group scenario I would definitely consider running one of these! Clean clutches= happy life!!
Those definitely look like they'd keep the dust in the clutches to a minimum. I wonder if they allow enough airflow to keep the clutches and belt from running hot under extreme riding conditions? Which takes in more air...this or the secondary filter on the side of the cab?

White Motor vehicle Automotive tire Camera lens Hood

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also believe the secondary clutch intake behind driver door ingests most of the contaminants vs underhood primary clutch intake. Double protection installed there, Wolfsnout foam lined inner Frogskin along with fully sealing the back side of intake plenum behind fender greatly reduced dust intake.
Do you have link for the Wolfsnout foam or maybe pics? I can't seem to find anything from wolfsnout for that cab-side clutch intake.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts