Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 rc
87 Posts
Quite a few on here are running them including myself, just an added layer of protection, along with an extra frog skin on clutch air intake behind driver door, as i learned many years ago with my 08 RZR dust/sand is your machines worst enemy!!

·
Registered
2019 rc
87 Posts
By the way, Duraclutch is another alternative for under hood primary intake, And Wolfsnout makes a nice one for secondary intake on the side behind cab! Just make sure to seal the back side of the secondary intake behind cab as it is not sealed very well from the factory and will ingest a lot of dirt.

·
Registered
2019 rc
87 Posts
PS, Pirate has a great thread on the secondary air inlet cooling screen, which is excellent information regarding Outerwears and Frogskin. Also sealing the back of the secondary vent. Which for me was where i was getting most of my dust infiltration from. I rarely follow anyone, So my under hood intake remains really clean, I'll bet 90% of dust was coming from side intake. I also run a Blow Hole clutch exhaust fan which i believe really helps with cooling. Probably one of my favorite additions!

·
Registered
2019 rc
87 Posts
Duraclutch also offers a unique style of clutch intake filter for under hood that includes a coarse foam element on the outside fused with a fine element on the inside. Although i am currently only running Outerwears due to riding solo 90% of the time, If I were in a group scenario I would definitely consider running one of these! Clean clutches= happy life!!

·
Registered
2019 rc
87 Posts
In support of our vendors I just purchased my engine air filter Outerwears from Bs Fab last night. Have not been running one on engine filter as my stock filter with 1000 miles looks like new. Every time i take it out to inspect/clean there is virtually no dust/debris on it! Far cry from my 08 RZR where i carried a spare filter for a 50 mile ride and tested several new designs including Dragonfire, K&N, UNI, Amsoil just to name a few, Finally ending up with one from Vent racing which used a Donaldson main filter with auxillary safety filter inside. After three engine rebuilds due to Polaris teething pains in the filtration department I can finally say I think the General is hands down one of the best designs so far.

·
Registered
2019 rc
87 Posts
I also believe the secondary clutch intake behind driver door ingests most of the contaminants vs underhood primary clutch intake. Double protection installed there, Wolfsnout foam lined inner Frogskin along with fully sealing the back side of intake plenum behind fender greatly reduced dust intake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts