Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
You can call DuraClutch and get the Frogzskin piece that covers the "Secondary CVT Cooling Air Inlet", yup the one behind the drivers door on a G2.
For a bit under $20. Beats the heck out of what Polaris wants for one, and its the exact same piece. The ones now come with adhesive tabs to hold it in place. The early ones did not.
Yes, order the Outerwears from Outerwears.com and you will get the color selection.
After a trip longer than a weekend, or as often as you blow the clutches out (often and regularly) take the Outerwears off, wash them in warm water with a couple drops of dish washing soap.
Then rinse and set to dry for an hour or so and reinstall. For the Outerwears and the Frogzskin, do not use high pressure water against the material. It will tear.
How long do they last? I dunno, had mine on since I got my 2016 G2 on May 20, 2016 and haven't replaced one yet.

Pirate

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
I wouldn't back off on blowing the clutches out.
What you will find is dust as fine as face powder.
Outerwears and Frogzskin materials stop particles larger than 50 microns. So there is still stuff getting through, but danged little. But you'll still get a puff of dust when blowing out the clutches.
For me, instead of a couple tablespoons of dirt in the cover. I get a quarter teaspoon of face powder. So, I still blow the clutches out with compressed air and wipe the cover out with a very damp cloth after a dusty days ride.

Pirate

1 - 2 of 2 Posts