Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone post a pic of the terminal block under the hood?

I installed my lift kit today and disconnected the terminal block in order to remove the plastic tray under the hood. Can't remember which is positive and negative. :(

Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Icecap. I'm not sure if it even makes a difference, but I took a chance and put ground in the middle and positive on the outer right side (looking at it). Winch goes on the right direction and stereo works. All good now.

It's a holdiay weekend here in Canada and I'm heading to the lake for the weekend. My lift showed up yesterday afternoon, so I decided to install this morning. Being in a rush didn't help me.

·
Super Moderator
3,182 Posts
I was thinking postive was on the right, but couldn't confirm it at the moment. There's a pic around here somewhere, but not able to find it.

Come on Paul. You can't tell us you installed a lift, and not post pictures. :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking postive was on the right, but couldn't confirm it at the moment. There's a pic around here somewhere, but not able to find it.

Come on Paul. You can't tell us you installed a lift, and not post pictures. :)
Photos to come!! It's 2:30pm here and there's a two-four of beer on ice at the camp.....I'm prioritizing. :wink2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got no photos but right is positive centre is negative left is neutral and their not all the same do not cross neutral and negative you'll blow a fuse

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is why you always take pics before disassembly.
The lift install is pretty simple and only took approximately two hours. My memory would normally be ok for that length of time, but I ended up having to respond to a situation at work for three hours in between. When I got back to the lift, I started second guessing myself!!

·
Registered
4 Posts

So I installed the Warn Provantage 4500 winch and used the posts instead of the battery, and now every time I start the general the clock is reset to 12:00. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I installed the Warn Provantage 4500 winch and used the posts instead of the battery, and now every time I start the general the clock is reset to 12:00. Any ideas on why this is happening?

Seems to be a common issue with everyone. I don't think it has anything to do with your winch install. Mine recently started doing this as well and I haven't added any electrical components.

·
Registered
103 Posts

I've been reading through a lot of posts today and came across this. So correct me if I'm wrong....There are these posts under the hood that are power/ground/12v key hot for accessories. And normally they do or do not have power? If they do have power, why do companies sell a wire to power this? Or was this a first gen thing that didn't come powered? Will I have to run all the wires myself to get power to these posts?

·
1,563 Posts
The Red Positive is hot all the time. The Keyed accessory wire would be used to power up a relay. Not wise to stack accessories directly to that wire without the use of a relay to carry the load. Lights etc.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I won't have to run any wires when I get mine to make any of these hot/ground/12v? All of these wires are already there?
If there's a power block and no wires to it, then you do have to run a wire to it. The "hot wire" is the red wire that connects to the battery. Without this, you have a power block with no power.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If there's a power block and no wires to it, then you do have to run a wire to it. The "hot wire" is the red wire that connects to the battery. Without this, you have a power block with no power.

Thanks for the reply. Are the other wires there? The ground and 12v key hot.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts