Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
As far as I know if your model didn't come with a winch then there are no wires. If you model came with a winch then you have the wires. I could be wrong?

·
Registered
207 Posts
If that's true, that some pretty silly cost cutting at Polaris. Like not including $0.25 grease zerk fittings for pickup truck ball joints kind-of-cost-cutting. Anyone who buys a General would have a need to run keyed accessories regardless of trim level.

I absolutely need my keyed accessory post as some of the electronics would put a slight load on the battery while sitting around. Guess I was just lucky with the Deluxe. Adding a wire to the accessory post is simple, but where would the business end of the wire hook up to?

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I believe as it comes from the factory there are no wires on the "bus bar" under the hood.

Here is a clip from the Polaris General wiring diagram. It shows the "Terminal Block" and has no wires run to it from the factory.

If the dealer installs powered accessories for you, they run the wires to the bus bars as needed.

If none, then you can choose what post does what. Mine have enough dealer installed accessories to it, I've just left it alone and installed my own by using two Sea Blue Systems distribution/fused blocks.

One of the blocks is hot all the time and I ran a #10 red wire to it from the battery. It then powers 10 accessories and I got rid of all the manufacturers fuses and used the distribution block fuses. Make it very easy to see if you have a blown fuse.

One of the blocks is keyed. I use the 10 amp Polaris accessory circuit, Orange with a White stripe, to trigger a 60 amp relay. The relay provides power to the second, keyed, Sea Blue Systems distribution/fused block.

I use Rockford Fosgate battery post caps to make it easy to attach additional wires to each of the +/- battery posts. These are the ones:

Here's a link to my Photobucket album related to the Sea Blue Systems distribution/fused block as I have the installed.
http://s499.photobucket.com/user/Rooster5488/library/Polaris%20General/Second%20Hot%20Wire

Here's a link to my Photobucket album that has more pictures related to the battery post caps.
http://s499.photobucket.com/user/Rooster5488/library/Polaris%20General/Rockford%20Fosgate%20battery%20posts

Hope this helps,

Pirate

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I didnt have any accessories installed and the 2 power wires from the batter were ran to the bus bar when i bought mine new...
I un-bolted the fuse box and there are wires that leave the fuse box from the accessory fuse going somewhere, but i cant trace it without pretty much taking the machine apart....

·
Registered
55 Posts
To have the "keyed" function you need to have at least the deluxe model or better. If you just need a keyed point that can be taken from the little blue lights that are the interior foot well lights I used this to trigger something on mine, can't remember what just now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I didnt have any accessories installed and the 2 power wires from the batter were ran to the bus bar when i bought mine new...
I un-bolted the fuse box and there are wires that leave the fuse box from the accessory fuse going somewhere, but i cant trace it without pretty much taking the machine apart....
Hello sir, I was having the same problem with my turn signal kit. Set up the same way as you, with the harness kit coming off the battery to power the accessory block. Did you end up figuring out a solution that can be done to stop the tail lights and license plate bracket from getting constant power?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts