Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I currently own a 2016 900xp Ranger. I am considering getting a new General. I really like it a lot. My Best friend got a new Honda 1000-5 deluxe Pioneer and after driving it the Honda drives so much smoother and tighter than my Ranger. I was actually surprised because the 700 Pioneer he owned didn't. My question to you guys is has anyone driven both to compare how they compare trail riding? Also does the General Shift into gear any easier than the rangers? Any input would be greatly appreciated. By the way If i get the General it will be the base model.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't own a General yet, waiting on some things. I have drove both of them. The Pioneer 1000's biggest issue is the front bench seat - SUCKS for comfort.

Reactions: Trapper

·
Registered
223 Posts
I hunt with my buggy, but minimally. We trial ride all year long. If you are thinking about the General and the Pioneer 1000 - forget Honda for now, like riding on a bench at the football game.

·
1,563 Posts
Welcome slg1976!
As with any new machine there will be growing pains. If you spend time reading the posts you will find that there is some issues with different aspects of the machine. But I think everyone that bought one including me thinks Polaris hit the nail on the head with this one. I'm glad I made this purchase.You couldn't beat the smile off my face.:laugh:
(no invites there) :crying:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Slg1976 welcome! I agree with Alaskan on this 100% we all know going in and buying a new machine to the market you take the risk of it having issues. Some have and others have had no issues at all. I was riding on the trail a one weakened and was stop by another rider that owned a Honda pioneer 1000 eps it was on its first ride. I think he said it best as the new general being the new commander eater.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Welcome slg1976! There is a lot to read hear. I have rode everything over the years and being a little older and not as strong it is a little hard to pull into high gear maybe some miles will change that. But it is not sloppy like my RZR seemed to not drop right into gear.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I have been reading relentlessly on this General. I have to ask how much dirt is thrown on you while trial riding? Is is as bad as some have stated? We trail ride a lot and i'm not opposed with getting dirty but don't want covered on short little trail rides. How much dust enters the cab while riding? My ranger 900 is horrible at times it just keeps swirling in it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Didn't realize it was that bad, has me thinking that investing into a cab would be a good way around this. Although that's a high price tag to absorb.

·
Registered
162 Posts
slg1976 do you have a back glass and full front on your ranger?my 900 with full front,back glass and custom doors swirled dirt in very dusty conditions also,put i could remove upper windshield and eliminate most of the swirling dust in your eyes crap.riding my general in dusty conditions with my full front and rear wse def less dirty than my ranger ever was.but when it warms up a little more here i will remove my upper and even less dirt in cab:wink2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts