Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to dover arkansas for a veterans day poker run. over 30 cars showed up for the run. just over $800 went to wounded veterans. stayed at mac's pines. great little cabins, had a good cafe with breakfast lunch and dinner. absolutely killer burgers!

trails were pretty wet. saturday was a little cool at about 55 degrees, sunday was perfect at 70. the "offical" moccasin gap trails were more technical and tighter than the other trails we rode which surprised me a bit. i like the tight and technical, so i really enjoyed them. they weren't moab or crazy crawls like the windrock youtube videos i have seen, but you still had to pay attention and pick your line. great views and vistas. miles and miles to ride, we will definitely be back.

spent most of the time in 2wd. only did 4x4 a couple of times just to make it easy. put on a new set of tusk terrabites. as on old quad rider, that "truck" style tire made me question how it would do on the trial. for an all around tire i was really impressed. there was one wet clay section of trail where they seemed pretty slick, but i think only a purpose built tire for that would do great. creek crossings with slick rock ledges on the banks were a breeze. rode a lot of trails with hard pack and loose rock, no problems. looking over the machine when we got home, the tires aren't chewed up like some after riding terrain like that. very happy with the tire choice.

saturday night had our first adventure. a lone rider had rolled off the trail and the game warden had called the camp to see if we could help. 5 of us rolled out to the rescue. he got the passenger side off the trail and it started sliding then rolled. rested on its side, belly against a tree. fortunately no injuries. he was about 20ft down the hill, steep enough you were on hands and knees to get up and down. took about 2 hours to get him back on the trail. amazingly enough it fired up and he drove it out. of the 5 of us that went out, i had a 4500 winch, and a wolverine had a 3500 winch. this is why i don't like riding alone. definitely going to look into a spot gps or similar communicator for the rare occasions we do. i have said that since we don't generally ride at night, and don't full throttle the trails, i don't have a need for a light bar. i can't be more wrong, i will be ordering lights very soon!!

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aww, they're so cute when they're sleeping...>:)

Pretty country/pics!

that was freakin hilarious!! you should get the gold star for that reply. best one i have seen in a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts