Polaris General Forum banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Trying to figure out if I should stay 14” rims or go with 15” rims when I buy new 30” tires. Anybody have any suggestions on which is better or if it really even matters lol. I have a 2020 G4. Anybody know if there is a difference between 14” and 15” ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Trying to figure out if I should stay 14” rims or go with 15” rims when I buy new 30” tires. Anybody have any suggestions on which is better or if it really even matters lol. I have a 2020 G4. Anybody know if there is a difference between 14” and 15” ?

Going with a 14" wheel will provide an inch more sidewall on the tire, thus providing you more shock absorption in the tire. Although I would not expect you would not notice much of a difference. Also, if you are going with Beadlocks and intend to air down, it will also provide more surface area.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Going with a 14" wheel will provide an inch more sidewall on the tire, thus providing you more shock absorption in the tire. Although I would not expect you would not notice much of a difference. Also, if you are going with Beadlocks and intend to air down, it will also provide more surface area.
I was planning on going with beadlocks. I don’t plan on doing any hard core rock crawling I mostly ride desert mountain trail. I don’t do any high speed stuff unless I’m on paved road. I mostly do trail riding. But I would like some recommendations on tires that are high puncture resistant.

·
Registered
458 Posts

Well the obvious answer is 1” but other than that not really.....IMO the bigger the rim you go with the less tire (rubber) you have around it, rubber absorbs bumps aluminum - steel doesn’t . So what I i trying to say is the larger the rim the stiffer the ride if you don’t ride on rough trails then no big deal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
First time buyer of Beadlocks. Not too sure if you have to balance them nice you mount them on your tire? If so how do you do that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here's my setup...

14" - System 3 SB-4, 14x7, 4+3
30x10x14 - Maxxis Carnivores

Just ordered 1.5" offset arched a-arms for it to give me additional room
Before

After

Reactions: tgafner and MMX

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry for the late response GeneralXP4. The ride is about the same as the stock tires. What was most noticeable to me was the improved handling. I live in Arizona the desert roads/trails can have some sharp rocks, so I opted for the best protection. So far all is good but time will tell. Hope this helps.

201 - 215 of 215 Posts