Polaris General Forum banner
201 - 220 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Trying to figure out if I should stay 14” rims or go with 15” rims when I buy new 30” tires. Anybody have any suggestions on which is better or if it really even matters lol. I have a 2020 G4. Anybody know if there is a difference between 14” and 15” ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Trying to figure out if I should stay 14” rims or go with 15” rims when I buy new 30” tires. Anybody have any suggestions on which is better or if it really even matters lol. I have a 2020 G4. Anybody know if there is a difference between 14” and 15” ?

Going with a 14" wheel will provide an inch more sidewall on the tire, thus providing you more shock absorption in the tire. Although I would not expect you would not notice much of a difference. Also, if you are going with Beadlocks and intend to air down, it will also provide more surface area.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Going with a 14" wheel will provide an inch more sidewall on the tire, thus providing you more shock absorption in the tire. Although I would not expect you would not notice much of a difference. Also, if you are going with Beadlocks and intend to air down, it will also provide more surface area.
I was planning on going with beadlocks. I don’t plan on doing any hard core rock crawling I mostly ride desert mountain trail. I don’t do any high speed stuff unless I’m on paved road. I mostly do trail riding. But I would like some recommendations on tires that are high puncture resistant.

·
Registered
689 Posts

Well the obvious answer is 1” but other than that not really.....IMO the bigger the rim you go with the less tire (rubber) you have around it, rubber absorbs bumps aluminum - steel doesn’t . So what I i trying to say is the larger the rim the stiffer the ride if you don’t ride on rough trails then no big deal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
First time buyer of Beadlocks. Not too sure if you have to balance them nice you mount them on your tire? If so how do you do that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here's my setup...

14" - System 3 SB-4, 14x7, 4+3
30x10x14 - Maxxis Carnivores

Just ordered 1.5" offset arched a-arms for it to give me additional room
Before

After

Reactions: tgafner and MMX

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry for the late response GeneralXP4. The ride is about the same as the stock tires. What was most noticeable to me was the improved handling. I live in Arizona the desert roads/trails can have some sharp rocks, so I opted for the best protection. So far all is good but time will tell. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
81 Posts
New tusk terrabite 10 ply Aramid 28X10X14 all 4 on stock wheels. View attachment 64635 View attachment 64636
How do you like these tires? I just bought a General Deluxe and am starting to look at tire and wheel options. For the stock tires I don't like the size 27" and the road noise is horrible on paved roads. I ride mostly rural county roads both dirt and paved but will do the occasion trail riding and will want a tire good both on and off road. My original thought was new 14x7 rims (either 5+2 or 4+3) and 30" tires although I'm starting to second guess myself and keep wondering if I should go with a 28" or 29" tire. Anyways I curious what you think about your set up here versus the stock set up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got my wheels in and tires in today. Got them installed too! Went with bronze just to be a little different. Tires are Maxxis Rampage 30x10x14. I haven't lifted it yet, still trying to decide if I want to go with a lift, or shock therapy, or just forward a-arms. Definitely getting xp fender flares next.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
These pics are just what I was able to get since only 3 out of my 5 wheels came in and 1 of the 3 that did come in is missing the beadlock ring for it. Frustrating would be putting it lightly anyways so since I was only able to mount 2 of my tires on the wheels that came in here is a preview of my setup. I’ll post more pics (front, rear, and side along with before and after of each angles) when the rest of my wheels come in and all that.

My set up:

Wheels:
KMC Grenade Beadlocks 14x7, back space = 4.39, offset 10mm

Tires:
30x10 Pro Armor XG’s

KMC said it would add an 1.25” wider on each side which for my particular riding style is what I wanted.

I also installed SuperATV’s 1.5” forward offset high clearance A-Arms along with their 3” front leveling kit. I’m stoked to see these actually on my 2020 G4. Anyways let me know what y’all think.

Note: all I did was place the tire in front of my stock wheels so they’re not actually on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very nice setup. Almost went with the same wheels but went bronze. I wanted to say guys on the fence with the 30s mine clear with no issues what so ever. Never rubbed once. Machine is completly stock havnt even adj springs.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Very nice setup. Almost went with the same wheels but went bronze. I wanted to say guys on the fence with the 30s mine clear with no issues what so ever. Never rubbed once. Machine is completly stock havnt even adj springs.
I was gonna go with the bronze grenades but decided last minute actually to go with black. I wanted a different look as well and was kinda nervous how the bronze would look with that Red. And those bronze wheels were on 3 month backorder so me being impatient I went with black.

Post a pic of your set up man. I’d like to see it.

201 - 220 of 250 Posts