Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I've purchased a new General 4 but have been waiting forever for add ons to be placed on it and before that, waiting forever for the machine to arrive. Not happy with Polaris' customer relations at the moment. Right now I am waiting for the new roof. It's been quite the long wait. Unfortunately, this has given me alot of time to read all about this machine. Good and Bad. I havent written the check yet but I am a little concerned about this Front differential rattle and how absolutely horrible Polaris has been in acknowledging it and fixing it.

Anything I should specifically look for or do when I pick this up? Very excited about getting it and have dealt with great a sales person that has bent over backwards but Polaris headquarters seems like crap.

Thanks for this forum and all the great posts. I have been reading like crazy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey Guys, I've purchased a new General 4 but have been waiting forever for add ons to be placed on it and before that, waiting forever for the machine to arrive. Not happy with Polaris' customer relations at the moment. Right now I am waiting for the new roof. It's been quite the long wait. Unfortunately, this has given me alot of time to read all about this machine. Good and Bad. I havent written the check yet but I am a little concerned about this Front differential rattle and how absolutely horrible Polaris has been in acknowledging it and fixing it.

Anything I should specifically look for or do when I pick this up? Very excited about getting it and have dealt with great a sales person that has bent over backwards but Polaris headquarters seems like crap.

Thanks for this forum and all the great posts. I have been reading like crazy.
They will fix the front end rattle, As far as the wait, If you paid for it they might be a little better to work with! If every dealer ordered every machine people dream about they wouldn't have any room in there lots. Bet if you paid them it would be in your driveway in a few days.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can pick it up now but I am waiting because I have to store it at my cabin up north and once winter sets in I don't want to be hauling it back and forth. I want all the add ones done before I pick it up. The dealer said he has 2 others that are waiting for roofs as well. Polaris said the roof was to be delivered last Tuesday but now Polaris has an open date. My general 4 was to come in in mid august and got delayed 4 times until I came in 2 weeks ago. Polaris is just not good in the customer satisfaction. My main concern is the front differential and the door gaps I've been reading.

·
Super Moderator
4,175 Posts
Welcome to the site and to General ownership! Outdoor Lover! You are going to love the General its a great Machine!!

Reactions: Trapper
1 - 6 of 6 Posts