Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Polaris XP fenders installed, my Grizztek covers are no longer relevant....

These new Polaris XP fenders were a dream to install. You know how there are some mods you really enjoy installing? Things fit the first time, no missing parts, etc etc Well this kit was that, a pure joy to install.

As the title implies I had to remove my Grizztek front wheel well covers for the xp's to fit properly. The xp fenders literally mounted flush to the same spots so the grizzteks had to go. What I will say is that I was not all that impressed with what I found when removing the grizzteks. I put them on the machine new and the amount of hard packed mud behind them was a bummer (see pics). I really feel like the Grizztek's may be better at hiding the problem then truly solving them. The XP on the other hand covers EVERYTHING. I haven't had a chance to wheel with them yet but first observations seem to show these seal up the unit well (should be stock IMO).

I will certainly keep my other grizztek covers on, but those considering the xp fender flares need to be aware the grizzteks have to be removed to use the xp's (front).

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
In my experience that mud got there via the space between your skidplate and the firewall. When you spray water in that gap while cleaning your machine the mud and other debris that doesn't come out the bottom holes of the skidplate gets forced into the corners. There is a cross member that keeps the mud/debris from going all the way out the back. I lost the passenger side floor drain plug out on the trail last summer. Found it in the right front corner when I dropped the skidplate in the Fall to upgrade the fasteners to 1/4" bolts.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have a plan for my old Grizzteks once I get my flares in.

I am going to cut a piece and use heat to bend it and plug the hole where the ECU is. Opened that compartment for the first time since I got the thing to get my ECU to send to Gilomen and it was filled with mud. So I am going to fix that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Polaris XP fenders installed, my Grizztek covers are no longer relevant....

These new Polaris XP fenders were a dream to install. You know how there are some mods you really enjoy installing? Things fit the first time, no missing parts, etc etc Well this kit was that, a pure joy to install.

As the title implies I had to remove my Grizztek front wheel well covers for the xp's to fit properly. The xp fenders literally mounted flush to the same spots so the grizzteks had to go. What I will say is that I was not all that impressed with what I found when removing the grizzteks. I put them on the machine new and the amount of hard packed mud behind them was a bummer (see pics). I really feel like the Grizztek's may be better at hiding the problem then truly solving them. The XP on the other hand covers EVERYTHING. I haven't had a chance to wheel with them yet but first observations seem to show these seal up the unit well (should be stock IMO).

I will certainly keep my other grizztek covers on, but those considering the xp fender flares need to be aware the grizzteks have to be removed to use the xp's (front).
I see you have the same year as I do. I had read that you need to cut that bottom corner of the front wheel wells. Did you have to do that? I have side by customs rock sliders that wrap around that corner so cutting will be quite a thing to do.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Finished installing the front, someone might have mentioned this already but the bottom inside fender well mounting point is drilled through an existing tab of plastic. Make sure that the fender is pushed as deep as possible into that tab to give as much meat as possible to drill the pushpin hole through. My passenger side needed a little more jiggling and pushing to make sure it had good amount of plastic to drill through. Circled spot I am talking about in the picture from instructions.
Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 10.26.14 AM.png

·
Registered
104 Posts
True. After installing my flares I noticed I could pull the bottom of the flare towards the front. I got to thinking about backing up and snagging a stick or something. I decided it wouldn’t hurt to add a zip tie to the bottom to hold it and eliminate possible vibration. I guess I over think things?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts