Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to have another portable Generator to carry in the trailer. I had a Honda EU2000, but someone apparently wanted it more than I did. I stopped at my Polaris dealer (they sell Honda) to get another Generator, and they wanted me to buy a Polaris portable. Any of you have experience with Polaris Generators ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought the 2000w and it ran our camper for 4 days straight without being shut off. It had no problem. Starts great and is very quiet. We ran a crockpot and roaster on it and it worked it hard but didnt kill it. I would recommend.

Make sure you buy the oil for it as they do not come pre-filled. I would assume for shipping reasons.

·
Super Moderator
4,116 Posts
They have only been out a few years not made by Polaris but by another manufacture for Polaris. They are a little cheaper then the Honda but to me the Honda is well tested and has a great reputation! I don't know of anybody that has used one so if you decide to get one let us know I will be getting a small one for the enclosed trailer in the spring! :grin2:

·
Registered
125 Posts
In my experience with inverter generators, there is Honda and Yamaha; Then everyone else.
I've been using them for work and play for well over a decade. I will gladly spend a little more
to get the quietness, reliability and easy to find service/parts if needed of Honda or Yamaha.

The Polaris and several others made by the same company are definitely a big step up from the old
contractor style Gennies though.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have the Honda equivalent from Harbor Freight. I've only had it for two years and so far it has worked flawlessly. I keep it in an unheated garage and even at -10 I was able to start it. It was a little stiff but it started. At less than $500 I have no complaints. Oh, and it is as quiet as any Honda I have heard.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was just looking at this last night. Liking the Honda 2000 for its quietness and Honda reliability as many have mentioned. Mostly I like the weight, makes it easier to get out of the truck. I like the idea of linking 2 of these in parallel if we need to run a truck camper ac, rather than having a single 3000 or 4000 weighing at least twice the weight that would run ac.

https://www.chainsawjournal.com/best-rv-generator/

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a Honda 2000 for about 10 years. Had a bunch of hours on it. Needed a bigger one so i gave it to my son and i bought a Harbor Freight 3500 for a little over $500. It works great. Got about 200 hours on it so far and still no hickups. Cant beat a Honda though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts