Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Poly upper door windows yet since Polaris can't come up with
the glass tip out windows that I paid for back in Jan of this year.
I'm not going threw another winter with out some.
we ride late into the night at times and there's been a few times windows would have been nice.

If you have them installed how do you like them? do they seal good at all speeds
did they come with a handle to close the drivers side door if so is it like the one on the
passengers side.

not for sure which way to go

·
Registered
6 Posts
Side window

Sorry I cant give you a strait answer but I purchased said windows with my 2017 general and when they arrived my dealer talked me out of installing them , they said the ones they had done fit poorly and did not seal well so I guess i will wait for the aftermarket to catch up

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm having a set installed next Tuesday I will let ya know. My hopes ain't very high from what I've heard. They might be for sale in the calasifieds.

·
PolarisGeneralForum.com Vendor
227 Posts
Guys, the seizmik upper doors started shipping to our distributors yesterday so if someone is looking for aftermarket uppers, they have an option now.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would like to here from some one that have these on to see what they are like. I'm tired of getting the run around from Polaris
all I can get from them is contact your dealer. which I have done it's not there fault on these because there district rep cant even
get any answers for them.
the last time
(a week ago) when I checked with Polaris and after getting nasty they (customer service) finally transferred me to someone else
to get more information on what is going on with these or they are even working on a new design of upper window.
(BECAUSE SOME AT POLARIS HAS TO KNOW WHATS GOING ON) and all he would do tell me I had to get the poly windows or
go back to my dealer and get my money back.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I was told by the dealer they do not have any moving glass windows being manufactured and they will be happy to refund my money.

I am waiting to see what the Alaskan has in the works. He is a vendor on this site so we need to support his company.

·
Vendor
1,563 Posts
Thanks to all of you waiting! I want them done also! Parts are being made and I'm positive you will like them. I would like to get closer to finishing them before explaining how the work. I've discussed this during the design stage with a few people here but asked them to keep it quiet till I can get it done. I am patenting a few parts on this also but that will not delay anything. One thing I will say is I will not be asking you to drill or cut one hole in your precious door.
Cooler temps are surely coming but I can't speed up the process. And I won't. They have to be done right the first time and you shouldn't expect anything less.
Thanks. Randy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Have a good time at Brimstone this weekend jodyfj40. We had a night ride early this week up there and it was a bit dusty but a good ride never the less. Be safe.

·
PolarisGeneralForum.com Vendor
227 Posts
Have a good time at Brimstone this weekend jodyfj40. We had a night ride early this week up there and it was a bit dusty but a good ride never the less. Be safe.
Thanks, we ride today and it was crazy dusty, I broke the General in good today.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,185 Posts
Sure the wait will be worth it! :grin2:

Not a single manufacture will make all happy!
there will always be somebody unhappy about something!
Its the world we live in!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.