Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 5 Polaris products in our home. Only the Timber Sled 129 Aro and the 17 RZR are usable right now.
Our 17 General has given us a migraine sense we've owned it. Our 16 SKS sled and 17 RMK have stop ride orders issued! A recall for witch parts are not available till the end of March.... with this being said ALL manufacturers struggle from time to time . But I'm finding it hard to continue to purchase Polaris products. Dino
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Document

· Registered
2021 Polaris General 1000
361 Posts
Polaris hands down needs to step up there quality.. and not worry about quantity.
I will say that Polaris customer service is great. I had bunch of small issues and was sent out a voucher for my issues.
I will also say this, that Polaris does try to keep there customers happy. I would call Polaris directly and see what they can do... before you jump on the ban wagon.
My best friend has a X3 and a Defender and they have there own issues. No company is perfect, you will always find something to pick about.
If you want the best of everything unfortunately that does not exist.
definitely frustrating i hear that. I bought my General new off the showroom floor... then in there shop to fix alignment issues for 3 months. I get the frustration. want something bullet proof.. ATC 200 Honda three wheeler lol

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Polaris hands down needs to step up there quality.. and not worry about quantity.
I will say that Polaris customer service is great. I had bunch of small issues and was sent out a voucher for my issues.
I will also say this, that Polaris does try to keep there customers happy. I would call Polaris directly and see what they can do... before you jump on the ban wagon.
My best friend has a X3 and a Defender and they have there own issues. No company is perfect, you will always find something to pick about.
If you want the best of everything unfortunately that does not exist.
definitely frustrating i hear that. I bought my General new off the showroom floor... then in there shop to fix alignment issues for 3 months. I get the frustration. want something bullet proof.. ATC 200 Honda three wheeler lol
Well I've been "patient " for more years than I can count. I switched from Doo to Polaris back in 012 when they came out with the pro chassis sled. I still find it the most user friendly sled for ME to ride. After it's 3rd engine under warranty I sold it. 3200 miles !
I dont think I've ever heard of another recreational company coming out with a stop ride order ? Correct me if I'm wrong...I usually am... but I think Poo invented this recall. 🤔 I agree ALL manufacturers have there issues. Two friends have X3 s....one has had some troubles , the other pumped up to around 220 HP and rode hard has had none. 4 door Comanders rattle them selfs apart from drive line issues....I understand what's being said about the " bandwagon" ....
For me it's just becoming increasingly difficult to shell out $$$$$ for a product I either can't use- stop ride order....or in the dealership waiting on parts. Perhaps it's just my luck ? LOL.

· Registered
2021 Polaris General 1000
361 Posts
Well I've been "patient " for more years than I can count. I switched from Doo to Polaris back in 012 when they came out with the pro chassis sled. I still find it the most user friendly sled for ME to ride. After it's 3rd engine under warranty I sold it. 3200 miles !
I dont think I've ever heard of another recreational company coming out with a stop ride order ? Correct me if I'm wrong...I usually am... but I think Poo invented this recall. 🤔 I agree ALL manufacturers have there issues. Two friends have X3 s....one has had some troubles , the other pumped up to around 220 HP and rode hard has had none. 4 door Comanders rattle them selfs apart from drive line issues....I understand what's being said about the " bandwagon" ....
For me it's just becoming increasingly difficult to shell out $$$$$ for a product I either can't use- stop ride order....or in the dealership waiting on parts. Perhaps it's just my luck ? LOL.
Your not wrong. Regardless you pay good money for a piece of equipment. And Polaris needs to up there game in the engineering aspect. fast paced production will equal more failures.
Polaris needs to stop worrying about production and concentrate on Quality control. I believe they are trying to hammer out numbers for the lost production. "just my thought"

· Registered
2022 general XP on the way
1,316 Posts
So you've ridden the sleds for a few years without issues, and now you're going to stop using them because polaris told you to? I'd go ahead and ride them, no different than the stop use order issued for the generals...

Idk what's up with your general that you can't use that, but at least you'd be back to 4 out of 5....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

· Registered
955 Posts
To borrow a quote from someone else (don't recall who but it was a sled forum)...
"Being a loyal Polaris man is like being in an abusive relationship. You keep hoping that things will be different this time".
Having said that, our current stable is still weighted to Polaris machines over Can Am. It's more of a cost/availability factor for us though.

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you've ridden the sleds for a few years without issues, and now you're going to stop using them because polaris told you to? I'd go ahead and ride them, no different than the stop use order issued for the generals...

Idk what's up with your general that you can't use that, but at least you'd be back to 4 out of 5....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
So of course I'm going to ride the sleds. My buddy who's sells insurance told me if the sled catches fire ....most likely my insurance won't cover it without proof of the recall being done . My point is still valid. Polaris has hit a new low point as far as I'm concerned.

· Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
5,119 Posts
I guess, once again, if you are not pretty well mechanically inclined the SXS sport is not for you. Take the chassis. No the chassis is not 4140 steel all TIG robot welded a jig created using all CNC machined or cut pieces. Boy would I like to have one!
But to get one, you would have to be in John Force's funny car budget range.

I doubt very strongly that Polaris can afford to have a robotic assembly line for the chassis. So we are dependent on the welders that put them together. Does Polaris have a QA program that could weed out welders that do not do their very best in assembling the chassis? We're talking about a Union Shop. Getting to that point takes a lot of negotiating and will cost a lot. So that won't likely happen. Is there a QA program for checking clearances and assembly as the chassis goes down the line. I sure hope so. But can any of us validate that Polaris does? Hmmm....I doubt it.

And so it goes. You can have more issues with your machine than you can count.
That's what this forum is all about. A place you can go to get help. Answers to questions. Advise on parts and accessories. A place to share what you have learned.
Just my perspective.
Pirate

· Registered
2020 General XP 1000 Deluxe RC
157 Posts
I bought my 2020 General in December of 2019. I received a stop ride notice from Polaris on March 27th 2020. I continued using my General until May 29th when my dealer had the software to do the ECU update. If it had taken the dealer longer to get the update, I would have kept using it.

Dear Polaris Owner,
Our records indicate that you are the owner of a Polaris Off-Road Vehicle affected by Safety Recall R‑20‑01, which was announced on March 24, 2020. At that time, we had sent a notification that we were awaiting a repair. This notification is to notify you that the repair for your vehicle is now available.

Polaris has determined that the current Engine Control Unit (ECU) calibration used in some 2019-2020 RANGER XP 1000, GENERAL XP 1000, and GENERAL 1000 (INTL) models may prevent the throttle plates from returning to idle position after an engine stalling event, which could lead to unintended vehicle motion upon restarting the engine. Polaris has reported this matter to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
DO NOT OPERATE YOUR VEHICLE UNTIL THIS SAFETY BULLETIN HASBEEN COMPLETED BY YOUR POLARIS DEALER.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts