Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum, been around SXS’s for years. We just picked up a lightly used 2018 General 4 Deluxe. Came loaded with tons of accessories which is way nice! One in particular is the Polaris Lock & Ride glass windshield with the wiper kit. Noticed there was a 0.25 inch gap between the top of the windshield and cage. This video explains the issue perfectly. https://youtu.be/YiTZrpdiZL0
Anyone else encounter this issue? If so, how did you fix it?

·
Super Moderator
4,144 Posts
You can do a search and more times then not will find your answer! yes this has been talked about. On mine I used two pieces of 1/2 thick Rubber (mud flap) then cut them about 1/2 wide and 3- 4 inch long and if you look at base of were windshield sets you will see 2 stand outs and place the 2 strips there and lock the windshield and your golden has worked great for me and a few others!

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. I did have the latches rachet tight and still no luck! So here’s some pics of some brackets I installed...problem solved!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I did have the latches rachet tight and still no luck! So here’s some pics of some brackets I installed...problem solved!
I have the same problem and like your fix. Did you make the brackets or did Polaris provide them? How are they attached?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I made the brackets myself out of some angle iron laying around. I used 2 small countersunk bolts (didn't want bolt heads pushing against inside lip of windshield so I countersunk them into the bracket) with washers and nylon locking nuts on the backside. without removing the dash, install wasn't too bad on the passenger side but the driver side was a major pain. removing the top portion of the dash is pretty easy and would have provided me full access for a much easier install. If I were to do it all over again I would use the following steps:

1) Fab brackets and remove windshield
2) Set brackets in place and drill holes
3) Remove top dash piece and install brackets with bolts
4) Reinstall dash
5) Install windshield and enjoy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I made the brackets myself out of some angle iron laying around. I used 2 small countersunk bolts (didn't want bolt heads pushing against inside lip of windshield so I countersunk them into the bracket) with washers and nylon locking nuts on the backside. without removing the dash, install wasn't too bad on the passenger side but the driver side was a major pain. removing the top portion of the dash is pretty easy and would have provided me full access for a much easier install. If I were to do it all over again I would use the following steps:

1) Fab brackets and remove windshield
2) Set brackets in place and drill holes
3) Remove top dash piece and install brackets with bolts
4) Reinstall dash
5) Install windshield and enjoy!
Thanks Jgrgich. Does the windshield seal ok where it goes over top of the angle?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The windshield seals great! The little bracket is only 1/8” thick and counter sunk flat top bolts are counter sunk flush. So the ~ 1/2” thick weather strip on the Lock and Ride windshield seals like the bracket wasn’t even there.

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Sorry you’ve had problems with the lock and ride. I have both front and rear lock and ride glass (front has wiper kit), have removed several times without any problems. We’ve have very few problems with our 18 G4 Deluxe. But, IMO Polaris quality in general is lower than say Can Am. But, they too have they’re own set of problems. Still very pleased with our purchase (knock on wood!)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Polaris replaced the windshield and the new one doesn't seem like it is going slip down. I'm guessing that the poor weld on the locking tab wasn't allowing the windshield to seal properly.
Carns Equipment LLC helped me open a ask Polaris case and got me the replacement. Polaris didn't cover any labor but Carns removed my wiper and installed the glass free of charge.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Polaris replaced the windshield and the new one doesn't seem like it is going slip down. I'm guessing that the poor weld on the locking tab wasn't allowing the windshield to seal properly.
Carns Equipment LLC helped me open a ask Polaris case and got me the replacement. Polaris didn't cover any labor but Carns removed my wiper and installed the glass free of charge.
That’s good customer service. I’m watching my Lock & Ride Glass closely while still under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to this forum, been around SXS’s for years. We just picked up a lightly used 2018 General 4 Deluxe. Came loaded with tons of accessories which is way nice! One in particular is the Polaris Lock & Ride glass windshield with the wiper kit. Noticed there was a 0.25 inch gap between the top of the windshield and cage. This video explains the issue perfectly.
Anyone else encounter this issue? If so, how did you fix it?
Yes. I just bought a used 2018 General and it makes no sense the windshield slips down when you hit a bump. The tabs are to narrow if you ask me. There needs to be a way to keep the expensive glass windshield in place!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can do a search and more times then not will find your answer! yes this has been talked about. On mine I used two pieces of 1/2 thick Rubber (mud flap) then cut them about 1/2 wide and 3- 4 inch long and if you look at base of were windshield sets you will see 2 stand outs and place the 2 strips there and lock the windshield and your golden has worked great for me and a few others!
A great fix but when you spend what you do for these toys, the least they could do is make the expensive parts fit ?!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts