Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m also interested in seeing more about the Polaris OEM XL fender flares for the general. I’ve seen a lot of discussions on the Grizzztec, but not much on these new OEM flares.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you order through a dealer? I have tried the polaris website and it will not add to my cart and called about it and they said they were having issues with the webpage but everything else I tried to order went to my cart and now they are showing out of stock again lol. May just have to run by a dealer and get them to order them and wait. Let us know what you think about them and add some pics when you get yours installed.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I missed the email that I got on 9/18 saying they were back in stock and of course they are now not available until October.... Hopefully I don't miss that because I think these look great and are just what I have been waiting for.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well just received a call from my dealer my Polaris XL flares are in will pick them up on my way home, will let ya know what I think this evening.

·
Registered
263 Posts
So here we go picked up from the dealer 224 with tax, you do get all pieces fronts and rears. They seam to be very well built and come with mounting hardware the fronts fill the entire area at the fender well, the way they should have been made to begin with so Grizztech protection would not be required in that area (sorry Randy)but you will still need the radiator guards (by the way I do have Grizztech protection currently) the rear lower piece extends way into the dead space between the fender and the motor providing a lot of extra protection from mud flinging. My initial thought is I really like them and the way they look the contours match the body lines perfectly as they should they are made by Polaris for Polaris I will not get a chance to install them until later in the week heading out of town for the weekend so when that happens I will let everyone know, these are going to go great with the 30x10x14 Terrabites I am going to order after the money comes in for the life insurance policy I am cashing in to support my habit.

On another note the dealer selling them for 350 should be ashamed of himself don’t think I would want to do much business with a guy like that.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Question I have is...how wide do these make the General?

Getting across trail bridges in the Black hills as the guard rails are 60" apart.

Getting between the boulders on trail entrance in the Black Hills might be an issue. They are 60" apart.

I got my 62.5" General though as the 62.5" is measured at the widest spot...in the doors.

Curious

Pirate

·
Registered
219 Posts

Getting across trail bridges in the Black hills as the guard rails are 60" apart.

Getting between the boulders on trail entrance in the Black Hills might be an issue. They are 60" apart.

I got my 62.5" General though as the 62.5" is measured at the widest spot...in the doors.

Curious

Pirate

My tires are 63.5 inches wide....Stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought them and love them. They cover lots of places that should be covered. Should come stock or as an option. Waiting on a body wrap and will post some pics next week. There is no better option out there. Paid $209 plus shipping. Thanks Polaris.

·
1,557 Posts
349! I thought Polaris was gauging!!!
Expect the flare price to go up. It was a screw up from what I've heard. I priced the rear xl box sides at the dealer and they are 139 a piece. couldn't pull up the other four pieces. Figuring the rest of the parts conservatively it should be a 4-500 dollar set.

·
Super Moderator
2,762 Posts

Curious

Pirate

I was all ready to buy a set of these, but I'm worried about how far they stuck as well. I took the overhead picture from the Polaris site, and dropped lines on it, bridging the front and rear flares. Know that the bulge in the doors is normally the widest part of these machines, the flares take that spot, and then some. Just a guess, but looks like they're at least an inch wider than the doors.

I really like the way they look though, so I'm torn.

With some of the riding I do, I'm worried I'd knock them off in no time.

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
Does anyone know an online source? Can't get to a dealer this week and want to order them before our TN trip.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just got back from being out of town and though I would start installing the XL flares so here is what I know for sure, I really like them so far install has been straight forward. These are what should have been on the machine to begin with one thing I don’t like is the fact that you need to cut a portion if the rocker panel off to install but no real big deal, I have only done the front and initial measurement show that they do make the machine wide (which is what they are suppose to do) the width with new flare in the front is 65” the width at the door is 63” these measurements could be +/- 1/4” this is at the front when I complete install of the rears i will get a measurement. To sum it up these are definitely worth 209 bucks and as long as you can get them at that price anybody who wants them needs to order them.

One thing worth noting if you have low profile rock guards you will need to either remove or modify which is what i am doing.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts