Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like this is a dumb question but...How much is the difference in speed calculation from tires to tracks? I put on my new tracks and when the speedo says 30 I feel like its only about 15 does anyone have any input?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can't answer to the Polaris tracks, but my TJD's on a Rhino were about a 50% reduction in speed. It also depends on if you are in deep powder or on a groomed trail as to how hard your machine has to pull will impact your speed. Put in to perspective, even a true Sno-Cat or Thikol or LMC doesn't run over 20-25 mph. Again, snow depth and groomed trail affects performance.

·
Registered
509 Posts
You really can't go by the speedometer when your on tracks. It's best to have a gps if you want to know how fast you are going.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Running Camso tracks with recommended track sprockets. Top speed on packed snow in two wheel drive is slightly over 36 mph on GPS. Speedo shows about 71.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My Camso tracks claimed a 40% reduction in speed. Felt about that to me.

Go easy with them if they are your first set. I went too fast through too deep of a ditch (creek crossing actually). That's when I found out that the track frames, a arms etc. are far too light weight for such things.

$4500.00 in repairs later. ug

marlon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts