Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, just wanted to start a thread about graphic kits for the General just so we can keep track of what's available. Currently the best thing I've seen is from AMR Racing. They have a few to choose from in each of the general colors so far. I don't have enough scratches on mine yet to spend $450 on a set but I'm tempted to cover up all the blue with something a bit more appealing. So when ever someone finds some additional info on whats out there lets try and keep everyone up to speed on the choices.

Polaris 2 Door General Graphics Kit!! Over 45 Designs to Choose from for the General

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not familiar with vinyl wrap, but it says it's 22 mil thickness. Here is there statement: "AMR Racing Side x Side kits are made from Thick Motocross quality vinyl. Please don't confuse these with cheap, paper thin kits manufactured by several vehicle wrap and sign companies. Extreme thickness makes AMR Kits very Easy to install. Made with Pride in the USA."

·
Registered
50 Posts
Now those are going to be some great "off the shelf" wraps to choose from, however I think i'll prefer going the custom route and it's not that hard, just have to find a wrap shop that knows how to get creative and do it right.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I wonder if a wrap will stick to the doors?

·
Registered
219 Posts
A wrap will stick. They are very durable. I personally would take it to a professional. I have had some parts on my truck wrapped and we have had things wrapped at work. Cost isn't too bad and if they are a good company they will warranty their work.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Have any of you guys used the Camo wrap Rolls like you get from E Bay in long rolls,I put one on a Kawaski Mule about 20 years ago and was a fair set up took a little time cutting to fit .

My guess is the new stuff for trucks,jeeps etc.is better now a days.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have use wraps on some of my hunting guns. They have held up well for years and conform to the contours of the gun. If you take your time and do it right, they add protection, and can be easily removed if you decide to try a different pattern. Since these are vinyl wraps, they leave no stickiness behind. I've been researching the camo wraps here...for those of us who want to match the General roof with a similar camo pattern:
Camo UTV Wraps, Side by Side Mossy Oak Skins | Mossy Oak Graphics

·
Registered
53 Posts
i did just my doors and i would recommend having a shop do it.. the process of putting it on is super important, and there is so many angles and stuff on the general

·
Registered
34 Posts
Graph/Wrap Kits

Is there anyone running a graphic kit or wrap on their General who is using their General for trail riding and actual use, not just for show. I am just curious if any of these kits are holding up to trees and brush prior to spending the 100's to get one installed. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
3,202 Posts
The wraps will probably take some minor rubbing, but the right stick or rock dragging across, will surely gouge it up.

I've gouged up the stock vinyls in a few places.

Moved this to the Chassis/Body section.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts