Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polaris' fix for door separation.... It's a joke.... I have been through all the correct alleys and channels to correct my problem with no solution. Today I heard back from the service manager that has been handling my warranty claim..... Ok are you ready to hear their FACTORY RECOMMENDED FIX!!

ZIP TIES!

Thats right..... Polaris has a plan to drill holes in the door and zip tie them together.

There is a nasty call going in to the factory tomorrow. They put out a memo about the doors saying that the "end users" I.E. Us have been slamming the doors " like a 20 year old farm truck and that's what causes the doors to separate..... REALLY? My doors were wrong when I bought it.... Before I even loaded it on the trailer. Then I had another set installed by Polaris factory authorized service tech..... And it was worse than the first door when I went to pick it up. I don't know what a correct General door is because I have never seen one. So now they think I will be fine with holes in my doors? I am beyond disappointed right now.

Dear Polaris..... First your 6 warranty is a joke which forces people to purchase extended warranties.... Then your engineers do piss poor work.... And your fixes are "band aids over bullet holes".

I was recommending people towards the General and doing my best because I believed this was a good product..... But your decisions as a company for customers legitimate problems are lack luster are best.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I hadn't heard that they were planning to drill holes in the skins. When I picked mine up after Polaris "closed the claim" the dealer techs told me Polaris had sent them a PowerPoint on how to zip-tie the inner structure somehow. There is nothing showing on the outside and the door still separates (I made that video the morning after picking it up).
What I find interesting is that they already had a PowerPoint out on the issue but they weren't aware that there was an issue.
:|

·
Registered
161 Posts
I hadn't heard that they were planning to drill holes in the skins. When I picked mine up after Polaris "closed the claim" the dealer techs told me Polaris had sent them a PowerPoint on how to zip-tie the inner structure somehow. There is nothing showing on the outside and the door still separates (I made that video the morning after picking it up).
What I find interesting is that they already had a PowerPoint out on the issue but they weren't aware that there was an issue.
:|

Yeah...funny how that works.
I think i'll find my own solution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts