Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although storage space is way better in the General than it was in our Rzr we're always looking to carry more crap with us. Plus, for months I've been driving our favorite parts guy crazy trying to order stuff that Polaris advertises but didn't have available yet. Not only was this available from Polaris, it was in stock at the dealership. I snapped it up. We can use the space and I felt a little bad (sorry Chris).

List price is $64.99 but if you are paying list you're doing it wrong...or you need another dealer.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There is a single zipper with 2 zipper pulls. The pulls have loops attached so gloved hands shouldn't have any trouble getting a grip on them. The zipper starts under the Polaris logo and comes up the sides. I tucked the tag partially into the front mesh pocket so it would be noticeable.

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
With the flap opened you can see that there's lots of room inside. I originally assumed this was a "forward pocket" and that there was also an "upper pocket". Well, we know what happens when we assume right?

Having a pocket flap that opens upwards like this seems like a good opportunity for everything inside the bag to tumble out into your lap. Admittedly there is a small net in the lower 1/4 of the inside to hold items in I guess.

Remember, this is mounted vertically on the rear wall of the cab. I would've preferred a small pocket here to hold a pistol,wallet,phone,small camera etc. and a larger zippered pocket at the top (that extends down behind the "front pocket") to hold a jacket,gloves, hat etc.

Ignore the sand dollars I used to hold the flap open. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here you can see the Velcro flaps that hold the bag onto the rear bar of the General. They run nearly full width of the bag so it should mount solid and not try to sway back and forth while ripping down the trail. I don't want this thing tapping me on the shoulder as I swerve around a rock in the road.:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks like a nice storage bag. Could you snap a couple pictures with it mounted. Not seeing many "installed" pictures online. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So we went out for trail testing with the new bag and cab (see the DFK cab thread). I threw the binoculars, a hat, an extra pair of gloves and some small towels in the bag with plenty of room to spare. I never needed to access these so I can't report on how well they stay in place when the flap is opened after rough riding. We like the DeLorme InReach to be close at hand so it found a home in the front mesh pocket. It seemed to be pleased with it's view from there because it didn't move at all despite the jostling we took.

Unfortunately we were having so much fun I didn't take any "mounted" pics. I'll try to remedy that soon. In the mean time here's what we had in that spot before. It's a handlebar bag from a bicycle that you can get at (soul-sucking) Wal Mart for about $12. It served it's purpose well but it didn't hold much and left a lot of unused space there.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know it's not a polaris bag, but it's 49 bucks Cheaper!

I picked up a child's backpack from Walmart for $19, cut the shoulder straps off, added a loop to the back of it and a coat hook to the window frame to hang it on. It has stays put pretty well but velcro could be added if needed.

Best of all you get to pick the color scheme, you can even get Spider-Man!

Attachments

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's actually what we had in our old Rzr. Works well.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Thanks for the detailed pic Cheeto, and for the backpack idea Elkhunt.

Reactions: Upsman105

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got this bag for Christmas , was not sure at first that i would like it but put it in and i really like it and its not in the way at all except the console lid does not go all the way up but that was not a problem ether, you can never have enough storage .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts