Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on putting the Polaris plow on the General before the snow flies. Here is what it looks like I need to get: Glacier Pro Frame, the Glacier Pro Polaris General plow mount and would go with the 66" poly blade sound about right?. I have had both the steel Moose blade and the poly 60' cat blade in the past on different machines and the difference between the poly and the steel in how well they plowed was not enough to notice. The steel would be harder to break. So will go with the poly again (makes hanging it up on the wall for summer much easier). Which is better for using on the winch, steel cable or synthetic rope? I quickly found that the steel cable is only good for so many ups and downs before it snaps so I switched the cable out for a boat winch strap. This worked much better, even though it would also eventually break it was much easier and faster to re tie and get going than the steel cable. I don't think the winch strap would work with how the Polaris set up is? Which means either the steel or synthetic...thoughts on those? Thanks for any info you guys can share.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts