Polaris General Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I don't have a pistol mount yet but am following. I did this for a rifle mount. $5 garage sale special for an vintage pickup truck rear rack. This one hung over the seats and I just straightened it out and drilled a few holes and mounted it to some clamps. Maybe I will do the Rhino Mount too for an AR up front. You can never have too many firearms. :)

Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle

I did find this thread:

• Love
Reactions: Rough Company

·
Registered
5,632 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris General XP 1000 Deluxe
24 Posts
Has anyone had good luck with an accessible pistol mount for the interior of their UTV? I was looking at magnetic mounts, but skeptical the magnet will hold a gun while bouncing around a trail.
I use a magnetic mount in the center console and never had it shake loose. Easy to access and out of the dirt. That would be my recomendation.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Agreed, the magnets do work well and I use them for other applications.

The main reasons I went with the QLS setup are as follows:

• Firearm is protected from damage/discharge by other items in the console.
• Firearm and holster can be moved from the console to the QLS receiver on my belt as one unit.
• I have the same setup in my truck console.
• For certain occasions, a MOLLE vest is helpful and I have a QLS receiver on it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Did someone say Zombies??????? .

Machine gun Sleeve Curtain Air gun Shotgun
Jeans Hand Photographer Jacket Musician

I think we are both ready!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had good luck with an accessible pistol mount for the interior of their UTV? I was looking at magnetic mounts, but skeptical the magnet will hold a gun while bouncing around a trail.
I installed a Alien pistol mount in the cubby next to the instrument cluster for my 9mm.
The only thing I don’t like is it’s out in the open. Looks cool tho.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts