Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone mounted a pistol on their rig yet? I'm trying to figure out a good place to mount one but figured I'd ask here first.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I holster mine in New Mexico but we have used those gun magnets with mixed reviews. Small guns ok but a sig 320 with full mag will bounce off

·
Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
4,713 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
I love my Diamond D holster. Holds my heavy S&W 460 great. But I'm not sure how it would work with the factory seat belts because the shoulder strap comes right across my chest where the holster would be. Might be an excuse for me to get some new harnesses. ;)

·
Premium Member
2016 Polaris General Deluxe, 10% OEM
4,713 Posts
That's not the real reason I went to Pro Armor 2" four point harnesses. but it does leave my chest area open for the Diamond D Guide holster!

I also like the harnesses much more because the keep you in the seat and in the machine if properly adjusted.

And I did like the fact that I could get them in orange to match my 2016 General Deluxe!

Now, with the General seats not having a slot in the headrest for the harnessed to pass through...I use the boob strap to keep the shoulder harnesses on my shoulders. But its up above the Diamond D holster by a couple of inches.

I made the comment on keeping you in your seat and in the machine...cuz...here in Colorado our car wreck fatalities are becoming more and more "ejected from vehicle, seat belt not in use", "struck head on steering wheel or windshield, seat belt not in use". And remember Princess Diana...yup...and General Patton...yup...hit structural members on the interior of the vehicle...because seat belts were not in use!!!

Pirate

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would think you could adapt a pistol holster of your choice that has good retention and mount it to the inside driver's side wall of the center console. That seems very accessible to me and out of sight if you happen to walk away from your ride for a bit here and there.

On your person is best but this seems like the next good option.

·
Registered
2020 general
139 Posts
i carry a smith shield 45 on mine in a holster i riveted to the counsel between it and the seat low enough so that passerby's would have to be looking to see it. its not showing but high enough that i can reach my hand in there to get it out. i used a crossbreed iwb holster. Usually have another gun on me too. Id like to carry an AR pistol but just cant find a spot to carry it other then in my hard gun case out back. I carry them in the jeep and truck inside a wilson tennis racket case and it works great but on those i can lock the doors. Thought about an overhead rack but it still pretty easy to see by people walking by. Not much theft up here but there are tourists so you never know if someone will snag it when your in eating a bar or resteraunt.

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
2020 general
139 Posts
this is what i used. 4 rivets hold it to the center counsel but if you dont want to sacrifice a holster to permanent duty you could just rivet a leather strap on the counsel and use it like a belt and then you could pop it on and off. Me, ive got plenty of holsters and guns. MiniTuck® IWB Holster

1 - 12 of 12 Posts