Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a mechanic so it is hard to pinpoint a noise. I started hearing a sound that sounded like a ping or ting. It sounded more like a metal ping. You do not hear it every second but maybe every two seconds I started to notice it on the paved road now it is either louder or more often not sure but I can hear it on the dirt.
I will take it in but maybe someone has heard a sound like a ping. It does look like the drive shaft has leaked at engine. :confused:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you hear the noise when you are on the brakes? My brake pads have a little play in them and they kind of chatter from time to time.
No I do not use the brakes very often riding trails. I am taking it to the dealer Sat I have other warranty problems with the leaking drive shaft and leaking shock and doors that are hard to open. I will tell them about the noise. :frown2:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Do you hear the noise when you are on the brakes? My brake pads have a little play in them and they kind of chatter from time to time.
My General hasn't done this yet but on my Rzr I did the "Electric Ranger brake pad springs" mod to eliminate it. Cheap and easy to do.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rear Output Shaft Seal

The dealer did not duplicate the noise but they did realign the doors.
I took in for a bad rear shock and they are replacing and the oil on the drive shaft turned out to be a Rear Output Shaft Seal they said they see this on this motor in other bikes. It was spotted during oil change.

>:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts