Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my general this weekend when we got back to the cabin with the general we were on the tail end of a ice and rain on top of 10'' of snow. The best I could do flat out on the ice was about 35 mph after that the rear end started to come around on me. It plowed nice but with ice as soon as you load up the plow you start to spin. The thing I noticed was at 35 it ran very smooth as someone else posted if you do not have your seat belt on you do not get full power. I have loaded 6 pictures. The window is a pop out ,lock and ride rear, heater if you can blow up the cab picture you can see the vents, upper doors with opening glass coming in the spring. The first day it was in the 20's and the heater helped and today when we left it was 40 the heater was nice I am sure with the upper glass I will be riding in a t-shirt this spring on days we never wanted to ride because it was to cold. This machine is a beast specially since we are going from a 570 rzr to the 1000. I am anxious for dirt and mud. I put 35 miles on it this weekend I would of had more but I forgot to get my trail permit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats on the new toy. Just curious what it cost in your neck of the woods for this new machine
17499.00 plus taxes and everything. The extras are what get expensive I have never been a wrencher so I have pay for labor. The dealer gives me a good labor discount if I buy it all on the original deal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well it's sad to hear pretty much a lot of places people are paying full price. I like to put all the accessories on myself. And yes I agree that is the expensive part of these toys. Congrats on the new ride. Hope to have one soon!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it's sad to hear pretty much a lot of places people are paying full price. I like to put all the accessories on myself. And yes I agree that is the expensive part of these toys. Congrats on the new ride. Hope to have one soon!
I went into the dealer in Mid December and picked up a brochure and they called me end of December and I went in before new years that weekend when I was up north. They had a blue and I sat in it and gave him a deposit that day, they had already sold the Orange I have never seen one in person. They were not giving any deals they had someone else that would buy it if I did not want to pay the price. I even wrote to Polaris in December to see if I could get a deal either warranty or rebate. They told me they use that as a incentive to sell slow sellers or overstock.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts