Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright... So first off, let me say i'm sorry for so many questions, but being in Iraq, I'm limited to my research online and your guys help, since I can't actually get HANDS ON my General Yet. Thanks for all the input from you guys, on mounts and light bars etc. I've decided to use a Feniex StickBar, with TakeDown config in the middle, so I can multi-task with it at my sheriffs office, they make a matching smaller one for the bumper at 10" or so, I'll also use a Fenix Controller for the switch and controll both/all.

The light bar is 36 inches long. It comes w/ sliding type T-Bolt L Brackets (back) or a Direct Mount on the sides, that you can screw directly down.

I was looking at the "pro-fit" mounts that some of you guys reccomended, but I don't know if the ends will reach? at 36". it's virtually the same size as the factory 35"

generaljls showed me the Pro-fit mount, and Chall used the EMP but he has a 42" bar, and it looked like it went all the way across the frame/cage and the bar fit perfectly. I'm worried that a 35" light bar, won't make it to the mounts? Can anyone tell me the exact measurement from side to side of the top of the cage using those mounts? and maybe even the cage in general? Thoughts?

The obvious/easy answer, is just to mount it strait to the roof, on top, using the direct mount on the sides. IF that is the only option, it may very well be the best and easiest if there isn't a mount that accommodates my size.

Also, I have the blue premium model, but I plan on adding the sound bar and a roof. If i'm buying a roof, I'm assuming I need to buy the aluminum model to mount a light directly to it? I don't know how well a plastic roof would do when drilled to mount a light etc.

Lastly, the wiring. It's hard for me to see/plan when I don't have the General right infront of me. I'm pretty good w/ wiring, i've done all my own lights/sound for cars/trucks/motorcycles, so I'm decent w/ diagrams and connectors.

I've read that RZR's have a "post" that isn't powered? Is the General like this? where would I hook my LED and Controller up too. they make a kit like this?

UTV INC POLARIS RZR XP 1000 900-S & TURBO 2 SEAT UNDER HOOD TERMINAL POWER CABLE KIT

and would I need a power block?
UTV INC 65 AMP 12V 6 SLOT DISTRIBUTION BLOCK
or
BLUE SEA SYSTEMS ST Blade Fuse Blocks | West Marine

I'm open to ideas.. I'm just assuming that w/ the Factory Sound Bar, it will need power, plus the two seperate lights, and a controller, will all need power.

Thanks again!

Curtis

What

·
Registered
152 Posts
The general has 3 posts under the hood that are +when key on, -, and + all time. It make wiring a snap. As far as mounting to the roof, I would think aluminum would be best and back up your bolts with fender washers on either side of roof for added strength. I think that would even work on the poly roof too but may not take abuse as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

thats great info, thanks... so I don't need to get power to the posts under the hood. I kept seeing kits for that for the RZRs and was worried.

The general has 3 posts under the hood that are +when key on, -, and + all time. It make wiring a snap. As far as mounting to the roof, I would think aluminum would be best and back up your bolts with fender washers on either side of roof for added strength. I think that would even work on the poly roof too but may not take abuse as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts