Polaris General Forum banner

Pepe's Adventure to Maturity

61K views 302 replies 38 participants last post by  Corbo1962 
#1 ·
Pepe is the name a gave my 2020 XP General. I'm going to use this thread to document his journey into adulthood. To start off, here is a picture of the day I took delivery. From the dealer I had the front hood rack, headache rack, rear windshield, Seizmik side mirrors and A Arm guards installed. The only reason I went with the polaris guards was because they were the only option due to the new high clearance aarms. My daughter went with me to pick it up and before we loaded it on the trailer, we installed the Seizmik front windshield.

Attachments

See less See more
#238 ·
Here are a couple pics from getting the rear portals on

Attachments

Reactions: SuperATV
#239 ·
Pepe is sitting at 18 inches of ride height and just barely clears the garage door. Once I get the cage chopped. I'll put the 35s on and give it some preload and get him up to 21 inches or so

Attachments

#242 ·
Looking good Corbo. That will look bad ass on 35’s. You have about the same clearance as I do getting my boat in the garage.

Reactions: Corbo1962
#245 ·
Here is the video of the install

#248 ·
Thanks man, and thanks for the help!

Reactions: SuperATV
#249 ·
Here is a before and after comparison. Top picture is the 32s and sitting at 16 inches of ground clearance. Bottom is on portals, the preload pulled off the springs and sitting at 18 inches of ground clearance.

Attachments

#251 ·
I got a day off at the last minute and went out and have the new portals a test. They are impressive

Portals 1st Ride

#255 ·
Other than the cold spell last weekend, the weather has been pretty nice

#254 ·
Thanks GH, I wish I had a little more time last night. I was supposed to work and they called me off while I was still sleeping, so it gave me the opportunity to get out for a quick ride. Looking forward to capturing some good footage in the future.

Reactions: GeneralHendy
#256 ·
I ordered the system 3 XTR 350 35x10x15 tires and they will be in later today.

Attachments

#258 ·
Even though they'll be here today, they won't go on till next week. It looks like I can get an inch plus out of adjusting the garage door opener to lift the door and little higher. I'm also gonna change the roof to a SuperATV roof that'll take close to an inch off the top. So combine, it should fit in the garage without chopping the top. The roof will be here early next week. This weekends ride will be the last ride with the 32s

#260 ·
Yes I have! The cage chop will eventually happen, mostly because I want the extra couple inches of lift in the suspension. But my impatience on getting the 35s on are driving the pace at this point.

#261 ·
The tires just arrived

Attachments

#263 ·
Put the 35s on Pepe today

Attachments

#264 ·
I also installed the new steering tie rods. They screwed out and the new ones screwed in. They are much stronger

Attachments

#266 ·
Thanks Buddy! I'll be going to the Dona Ana's tomorrow and give them a whirl

#267 ·
Installed the Super ATV roof. It came in yesterday and got it handled this morning

Attachments

#268 ·
Installed some vinyl from "The Vinyl Creator" watch the video, there is a drawing for a tailgate wrap, info on how at the end of the video

Vinyl Wrap

Attachments

#270 ·
Thanks man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.