Polaris General Forum banner

Pepe's Adventure to Maturity

61K views 302 replies 38 participants last post by  Corbo1962 
#1 ·
Pepe is the name a gave my 2020 XP General. I'm going to use this thread to document his journey into adulthood. To start off, here is a picture of the day I took delivery. From the dealer I had the front hood rack, headache rack, rear windshield, Seizmik side mirrors and A Arm guards installed. The only reason I went with the polaris guards was because they were the only option due to the new high clearance aarms. My daughter went with me to pick it up and before we loaded it on the trailer, we installed the Seizmik front windshield.

Attachments

See less See more
#33 ·
I also welded some tabs on the bumper for my red lens light. A light that will be used for slipping into a hunting area or blind before first light.

Attachments

#34 ·
Added an aluminum gas cap

Attachments

#35 ·
I was finally able to get a day off that i could work on Pepe' got several things accomplished! First off, I removed the sway bar and checked out the flex

Attachments

#36 ·
I threaded the new synthetic winch rope and installed the polaris OEM wireless remote, it was plug and play on the remote and followed advice from other threads and unbolted the winch and slid it to the driver's side and it made everything much easier

Attachments

#37 ·
Last but not least, i planned on installing the super atv 3"lift but when I raised the front end and removed the shocks I discovered that this new XP suspension drops very low already and with the shock off it only dropped 1/2 inch. So I just preloaded the springs and gave it two inches of lift and called it a day. It gave me 16"clearence in the front and i got about 15"in the back. I'll preload the back a little more next week. I also added 1.5"wheel spacers, now I'm away 67"width

Attachments

Reactions: MMX
#38 ·
Here is a better view of the fairlead and rope

Attachments

#39 ·
So yesterday when I was preloading the rear shocks, I went ahead and pulled the clutch cover off and blew out the dust. I can't help but reaffirm the need to do this on a regular basis if you ride in a dusty area. The amount of dust that blew out after just a few rides really surprised me. It took only a couple of minutes but well worth the time for PM. The clutch will live longer and more trouble free if this is done on a regular basis.

#40 ·
So I just pulled the trigger on the Gilomen high performance ECU tune. I went with Pirate's suggestion and ordered it with their ECU and I will send mine in at a later date, after the warranty is up. After reading on here and on Terry's website, I'm convinced this is the way to go.

#41 ·

Reactions: 2020GeneralPremium
#42 ·
Today I installed the skid plates, i used rivnuts for the installation. Due to previous experience, i purchased a T size drill to chase the hole that i drilled with the nearest step drill in the drill index. The T size drill is the exact size drill for the 1/4x20 rivnuts and once crimped into place they are solid. Just little time consuming but got it all done

Attachments

#43 ·
The finished job

Attachments

#44 ·
Had time today to install the radiator guards

Attachments

#45 ·
I received my package from Gilomen with the ECU and clutch kit. Pulled the primary clutch and installed the spring and weighed shoes. The ECU install was an easy process getting the machine to relearn the unit. It really woke Pepe up. Very pleased with the results!

Attachments

Reactions: RockinRonnie
#46 ·
Agree !00% the computer flash was money well spent! paired with clutch kit and exhaust makes for a different G ?

Reactions: Corbo1962
#47 ·
I've thought about an exhaust, but kinda want to keep it on the quiet side. How long does it take for the machine to completely learn the new flash and you get peak performance out of it

#48 ·
I had installed this seat belt bypass several weeks ago. Rediculously simple
Auto part Vehicle door Bumper Gas Wire

#49 ·
The MBRP exhaust came in about an hour ago, not sure why it took me so long to get it installed... lol

Attachments

#50 ·
Added a second fire extinguisher, next to the rear view mirror, easy to reach from the front seat. The first one was mounted to the headache rack and easy to access when outside the vehicle. Together, I feel covered well.

Attachments

#51 ·
Took Pepe out for a ride today. Sure do like the way it articulates with the front sway bar removed

Attachments

#52 ·
Here is my opinion of the exhaust upgrade. The MBRP dual exhaust is by no means Quiet. I was led into thinking that it was only slightly louder than stock, and if you were cruising there was little difference. This is not true, it is noisier in every respect. The performance is definitely better. I won't be getting rid of my stock exhaust and may put it back on for hunting season. For now, I think I can get used to the extra noise. The machine has definitely picked up performance with the Giloman tune, clutch kit and exhaust. To that part I am very pleased. I took it out for a night ride Monday night and a day ride on Tuesday and had a blast. Went thru sand, rock hills and pretty much everything the desert out here has to offer. The extra power was noticed!

#53 ·
Today I worked on my rock lights. The fronts are done, the backs are installed, tomorrow i will run the wiring and get those finished

Attachments

#54 ·
Finished up the wiring for the red light

Attachments

#55 ·
Finished up the rock lights.

Attachments

Reactions: MattH
#56 ·
Installed my chupacabre door bags as per BajaCharlies method. Worked great

Attachments

#57 ·
Installed the spring brake thingy! It's an awesome addition, not only gives you a parking brake but allows you to be able to start the engine without climbing in. Love it!

Attachments

#58 ·
I ordered up the Gear Grabber gated shifter and tracking shows it will arrive on Tuesday. Wednesday is the start of my seven days off. I plan to get it installed and drag out fab stuff and work on my rock sliders, finish the cargo rack and get it painted up and finish the spare tire carrier 3rd version. Hopefully the weather will hold out and allow me to get a lot done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.