Polaris General Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I got back from the deer hunt and had to work till tomorrow. My HMF dual quiet loop exhaust came in while I was gone. It will probably get installed tomorrow. That little Rzr800 trail is a blast to drive around the deer lease, but is not anywhere near as comfortable as the General.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
I was able to get the new exhaust installed. All I can say is, what a PITA! The MBRP was very well designed, already put together and was a 10min bolt on. This had to be installed in pieces and then tightening down some hard to reach bolts. But once on, I'm very pleased with the results. Here is a comparison video

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was able to get the new exhaust installed. All I can say is, what a PITA! The MBRP was very well designed, already put together and was a 10min bolt on. This had to be installed in pieces and then tightening down some hard to reach bolts. But once on, I'm very pleased with the results. Here is a comparison video

So you mentioned a sizable difference going from the MBRP to the HMF. Any thoughts on stock to the HMF? I assume the MBRP was louder than stock so my results may not be quite as noticeable if I go this direction?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
So you mentioned a sizable difference going from the MBRP to the HMF. Any thoughts on stock to the HMF? I assume the MBRP was louder than stock so my results may not be quite as noticeable if I go this direction?
The MBRP was louder than stock, but not that much. The Decibel meter I used was merely a phone app, so accuracy is probably questionable. It is much better and with the Kilmat and Siles mat I put on the back firewall, I am very pleased with the results. USB45 is planning on doing a video that he is going to use some high tech equip and should have some info that you are looking for. He went from stock to this exhaust.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Corbo,
Any info on the power difference between the MBRP, Stock and HMF systems?
The MBRP in Combo with the Giloman Tune was a noticeable improvement. The giloman tune was on for a couple weeks before I upgraded to the MBRP. So I felt an improvement in the tune and then another with the exhaust. Now for the HMF, a definite loss in performance over the MBRP. It wasn't that much in the 0-40 range, and a little loss going to 50, but it took me 3.6 seconds longer to get to 60mph and about 5mph on the top end. I wasn't real happy about that, but the noise reduction I got and top speed going that fast is not that important to me. Most of my riding is between 0-50 and that didn't change much. it will still build to 70mph.

Bear in mind, these test were done on 32inch tires. Now that the 32s have been on for a little while, I have noticed a slight loss in performance of the machine. Not much, but still some. It was pretty much only in high gear. Low gear performance didn't change noticeable. For high, it is in the take off, not much in the midrange, but a little on the top end. I'm actually working with Duraclutch on changing some weights and springs around in the clutch to get the best performance. Once this testing is done, I'll post the results.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The MBRP in Combo with the Giloman Tune was a noticeable improvement. The giloman tune was on for a couple weeks before I upgraded to the MBRP. So I felt an improvement in the tune and then another with the exhaust. Now for the HMF, a definite loss in performance over the MBRP. It wasn't that much in the 0-40 range, and a little loss going to 50, but it took me 3.6 seconds longer to get to 60mph and about 5mph on the top end. I wasn't real happy about that, but the noise reduction I got and top speed going that fast is not that important to me. Most of my riding is between 0-50 and that didn't change much. it will still build to 70mph.

Bear in mind, these test were done on 32inch tires. Now that the 32s have been on for a little while, I have noticed a slight loss in performance of the machine. Not much, but still some. It was pretty much only in high gear. Low gear performance didn't change noticeable. For high, it is in the take off, not much in the midrange, but a little on the top end. I'm actually working with Duraclutch on changing some weights and springs around in the clutch to get the best performance. Once this testing is done, I'll post the results.
So it looks like I will go to the mbrp exhaust lol. Still waiting on giloman to have the 2021 xp tune out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
So it looks like I will go to the mbrp exhaust lol. Still waiting on giloman to have the 2021 xp tune out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was definitely the better performer, and if performance is a bigger deal than being quieter, then that would be the way to go. I learned alot tinkering with the black max kit when it comes to weights and where it place them and how much. There is still more to learn. One thing I can say that I heard and confirmed, is that with those magnet weights in the holes, dust builds up and its not necessarily even. I would think that would have to throw the balance off. I don't know if it is significant enough to cause an issue or not. I had got to where I blew the clutches out nearly ever ride, so probably not a big deal.

·
Registered
2019 Polaris General Premium
24 Posts
@Corbo1962 just read the whole 9 page thread on Pepe, wow. Love all your little touches and ideas! Very unique with your own custom fabbed touches not just a bunch of overpriced bolt on stuff! Keep up the great work and I for one appreciate your effort to document and share these great ideas!
Cheers! 👍

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
@Corbo1962 just read the whole 9 page thread on Pepe, wow. Love all your little touches and ideas! Very unique with your own custom fabbed touches not just a bunch of overpriced bolt on stuff! Keep up the great work and I for one appreciate your effort to document and share these great ideas!
Cheers! 👍
Thank you very much! We're all like one big General Family and I've learned most of what I've done right here. The combine knowledge on this forum is amazing. Looking forward to seeing what you'll be doing to yours to "OWN IT". Remember, Like Dr. Pirate says, it's an addiction! Welcome to the sickness....

·
Registered
2019 Polaris General Premium
24 Posts
Thank you very much! We're all like one big General Family and I've learned most of what I've done right here. The combine knowledge on this forum is amazing. Looking forward to seeing what you'll be doing to yours to "OWN IT". Remember, Like Dr. Pirate says, it's an addiction! Welcome to the sickness....
Oh I can see the addiction already! Trying not to order everything all at once. Patience is key! I'm trying to wait till spring before anything major as that will be when I am actually using it for the trails and can see what I actually want to change/add. Till then keep staring at it!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Oh I can see the addiction already! Trying not to order everything all at once. Patience is key! I'm trying to wait till spring before anything major as that will be when I am actually using it for the trails and can see what I actually want to change/add. Till then keep staring at it!
Well lets see how that works for you.... Lol! I was never gifted with patience, would even know what to do with it!

Reactions: GeneralHendy

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
We went for a ride today, covered about 60 miles. Two generals, one rzr highlifter and a Honda talon, it was a nice day, perfect conditions
20201121_145841.jpg
20201121_145747.jpg

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
On Friday I completed the install of the WD Electronics street legal kit. Very pleased with the quality of all the components. Here is a video I did......

Reactions: GeneralHendy
161 - 174 of 174 Posts