Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
I will measure again, but I'm pretty sure it was 79 inches

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Would you be able to get me a measurement with the 32s from ground to the hump on top of the roof? Just curious if I would even be close to getting in the garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry it took so long to confirm, it measures 79 inches to the hump on the roof

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Here is a video I posted on the review of the 32 inch tires

Reactions: SuperATV

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sorry it took so long to confirm, it measures 79 inches to the hump on the roof
Ok awesome. Thank you for measuring. The “stock” xp 4 is 77 inches tall. So with 32s and the shock therapy springs it added a total of 2 inches from stock....

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
I just ordered the Duraclutch for the XP model. I've been juggling the weights on the stock clutch and the Blackmax clutch kit and just can't seem to get it dialing in to what is expected. With everything that I've read about the Duraclutch, it ought to be a major improvement.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just ordered the Duraclutch for the XP model. I've been juggling the weights on the stock clutch and the Blackmax clutch kit and just can't seem to get it dialing in to what is expected. With everything that I've read about the Duraclutch, it ought to be a major improvement.
Please let me know how you like it. I want to get one but don’t know anyone who has one. I wish you or someone else that had 32s lives closer to see if it would fit in my garage. I want 32s now lol.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Please let me know how you like it. I want to get one but don’t know anyone who has one. I wish you or someone else that had 32s lives closer to see if it would fit in my garage. I want 32s now lol.

I will be doing a review of the Duraclutch, before and after. So everyone can see for themselves what it can do

·
Registered
242 Posts
mu buddy recently bought a "gently used - road driven" rzr 900s. so we know how this story goes. short version, when changing the belt he found the inner sheave on the primary was basically fully cracked in half. he installed a duraclutch and loves it. i drove it around the yard, it is very smooth.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
The DuraClutch came in last night and I was able to get it installed before work this evening. I will give it a test run tomorrow. So far, very pleased

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
The DuraClutch came in last night and I was able to get it installed before work this evening. I will give it a test run tomorrow. So far, very pleased
Did you order it from Duraclutch direct? Or through gillimen(how ever you spell it lol). I know if you go thought them they can change the weights in it for tire size

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Did you order it from Duraclutch direct? Or through gillimen(how ever you spell it lol). I know if you go thought them they can change the weights in it for tire size

I ordered it through Hunterworks, Todd was the first I heard to talk about the development of the XP specific model. The Giloman website was still selling the same clutch for XP and regular. Even Duraclutch themselves were selling the same clutch for both models. I have a lot of respect for Todd and felt that I would be getting exactly what I ordered. I was one of the first to get my hands on an XP and many sold performance parts for the machine before they realy knew what the XP was all about. The blackmax clutch kit was for a regular general, not the XP. So, I want this Duraclutch for the price your paying to be right.

I can tell you after the install, when I pulled it into the garage, my foot pushed the pedal to where it always grabbed and I lunged half through the garage before I could get my left foot on the brake. The take off power was extremely impressive. It grabs at such a low RPM and like they advertise, a significant increase in low ratio. It hurt to walk away from it and go to work. I only had enough time before work to do the install. I have a day off after I get home and get a little sleep. I'm going to get out and test it, take some video and put together a comparison review. It'll be posted later tonight.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Here is the video on the Duraclutch review

Reactions: TMR XP4

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Great video! Hope to see more about the dura clutch

Thanks, around the 24th, we'll get out for a good ride and I'll be able to get some good Footage that will show the advantages of the DuraClutch. I'm anxious to see it perform in the slow crawling type stuff.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Hunting season is here and the Rzr gets more seat time than Pepe', not sure when the next time out with the General will be.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
So, I've been following USB45's build and have been very intrigued by the potential of the
HMF Twin Quiet Loop exhaust. After hearing his preliminary reports, I decided that it was for me. Just placed my order for it. I had put a silencer on my Rzr800 and it made a huge difference in sound, it also killed some performance. On that machine, it doesn't really matter because its use is not a high performance application. They don't make a slip on the end silencer like that for the General. If this new exhaust doesn't compromise the performance any, then I will probably sell my MBRP Powertech 4 exhaust. If the performance is significant, then I'll keep both and switch out on the basis of need.

·
Registered
179 Posts
So, I've been following USB45's build and have been very intrigued by the potential of the
HMF Twin Quiet Loop exhaust. After hearing his preliminary reports, I decided that it was for me. Just placed my order for it. I had put a silencer on my Rzr800 and it made a huge difference in sound, it also killed some performance. On that machine, it doesn't really matter because its use is not a high performance application. They don't make a slip on the end silencer like that for the General. If this new exhaust doesn't compromise the performance any, then I will probably sell my MBRP Powertech 4 exhaust. If the performance is significant, then I'll keep both and switch out on the basis of need.
Let me known if your getting rid of your exhaust. Also let me know if there is a power difference

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
I guess I left something on so it killed the battery. I bought this several months back based on another members post. I went ahead and installed this maintainer connection and now is too easy to hook up the battery maintainer.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I guess I left something on so it killed the battery. I bought this several months back based on another members post. I went ahead and installed this maintainer connection and now is too easy to hook up the battery maintainer.
Who makes that battery maintainer connector?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Sorry, just got back from a deer hunt. I bought them on Amazon. I bought both parts and it made hook up plug and play. Works great

Attachments

141 - 160 of 181 Posts