Polaris General Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
I finally was able to devote some time to my 3rd version of the spare tire carrier. This one note only folds down so you can tilt the bed but it also pins to a mount that is just below the bed. This new mount makes it solid with no rattling as your driving down the road and no bouncing hitting the back end.

Attachments

Reactions: 2020GeneralPremium

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Here is a video showing the spare tire carrier build

Reactions: 2020GeneralPremium

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I've some ask me about my gun rack and my pistol mount. Here is a video on them

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Corbo
Only the banditos have guns down here
Kinda like the politicians do in Cal-law-forma

Ha!!!!

Cheers Baja Charlie
That is why I love Texas, we don't cotton to that kind of balance.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Here is a video of the build I did on the cargo rack

Reactions: GeneralXP4

·
Registered
124 Posts
Today I worked on my rock lights. The fronts are done, the backs are installed, tomorrow i will run the wiring and get those finished
What lights did you you use for the dome lights? Also what mounts did you use for mounting your rock lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
What lights did you you use for the dome lights? Also what mounts did you use for mounting your rock lights?

These are the WHITE lights I used for the interior lights. I just stuck them on the roof towards the middle. I found some very similar in ICE Blue.

For the rock lights, I used these. I bought two sets and used 8 lights. I put two in each wheel well and used 1/8x1inch pop rivets to anchor them. These lights also fit perfectly into the locations in the roof for dome lights. I'm probably gonna mount two of them there.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
These are the location of the front rock lights

Attachments

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
These are the location of the rear rock lights

Attachments

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I finally decided that 32s were in the cards. I ordered the Method 409 bead grip rims and 32x10x15 Rock A Billy's. Should have them on by the weekend

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
I finally decided that 32s were in the cards. I ordered the Method 409 bead grip rims and 32x10x15 Rock A Billy's. Should have them on by the weekend
That should look good. Are you going to have to do any more clutching or a lift to clear the tires from rubbing?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
That should look good. Are you going to have to do any more clutching or a lift to clear the tires from rubbing?

I don't believe it will be necessary. When I did the shock therapy spring kit, I gained an extra 1.5 inch of ride height. I'm now sitting at 15 inches. If I need anymore, I'll be able to preload the springs and gain another inch, as far as the clutching, I already have the ECU tune and clutch kit from Giloman. That should be enough

·
Registered
124 Posts
I don't believe it will be necessary. When I did the shock therapy spring kit, I gained an extra 1.5 inch of ride height. I'm now sitting at 15 inches. If I need anymore, I'll be able to preload the springs and gain another inch, as far as the clutching, I already have the ECU tune and clutch kit from Giloman. That should be enough
Man I’d love to put on 32s on the new xp but it won’t fit in the garage then. I have maybe 1/2 inch clearance on the old General with 30s I think I’d be out of luck on 32s.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Man I’d love to put on 32s on the new xp but it won’t fit in the garage then. I have maybe 1/2 inch clearance on the old General with 30s I think I’d be out of luck on 32s.

Yes, it will be a tight squeeze, but mine will just fit

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Pepe' got some new shoes. Today I installed 32x10x15 Sedona Rock-A-Billy's on Method 409 Bead Grip rims. Very pleased with the results. I'll have to cut off a ledge from the Skid plate the protrudes into the front wheel well. Not really a big deal, I anticipated that it would rub.

Attachments

Reactions: Cabinfever1

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #137

So after the tires, I still have about another inch before I'm touching the garage door.

·
Registered
124 Posts
So after the tires, I still have about another inch before I'm touching the garage door.
Man that must be nice lol. My house was built in the 80s and the garage has a weird slope on it when you drive in. I’d lobe to see if I could for 32s but I’m afraid if I get them it won’t fit. When I build my shop it won’t matter at that point lol

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Mine was built in the 90s and I think it's average for around here. I wish I had the room to build a shop. I really don't see moving being something that I want, so I'll make do. A nice big shop would be really awesome! Once you get there, you'll be able to do what ever you want. Portals and 35s maybe

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine was built in the 90s and I think it's average for around here. I wish I had the room to build a shop. I really don't see moving being something that I want, so I'll make do. A nice big shop would be really awesome! Once you get there, you'll be able to do what ever you want. Portals and 35s maybe
Would you be able to get me a measurement with the 32s from ground to the hump on top of the roof? Just curious if I would even be close to getting in the garage

121 - 140 of 144 Posts