·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Top speed test

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a question for you Corbo, what diameter bar mount did you have to order for your front fire extinguisher? When I pick mine up I am planning on mounting an extinguisher on the next bar back that is in between the front and rear seats so it would be accessible for all passengers, just not sure what the bar diameter is. Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks Muz & Twodogs
I made a spare tire carrier today, not real happy with it, so I'll call it a first attempt. The next version will be higher off the ground and maybe be tiltable for bed lifting and tailgate lowering
Perhaps this will get you high enough.

or just spend another 200 bucks and be done

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Thanks for the suggestion, both good ideas! Post #15 was version #2 and is pretty much like the second one from Amazon. I have actually started version #3 that will completely stay out of my departure angle and come up right after the receiver and straight to the back of the bed where I'm making a little mini bumper that it will also pin to that will make it solid and quiet with no bounces and rattles. I just have to get back after it. It's 104deg down here today and no fun welding out in the sun. This is one of those projects that keeps getting put on the back burner.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Got a link for head ache rack. I have to get one. Looks great.
I got mine at the dealer with the machine. I just looked and Amazon sells them

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Shock Therapy spring kit is installed

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Video of the Shock Therapy difference

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
We have a 2019 General 4, I looked on Outerwear's website and didn't see them for a '19 much less a' 20. I guess the question is how'd you get yours?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
As I remember, I didn't specify a year just polaris general on the outer wears website

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
These should be the part numbers with the exception of the last number refers to color

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you for the information. Again this site and ya'll are always on the spot helpful. Happy Trails

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
931 Posts
Corbo
Watched your comparison video
My two pesos worth
It appears to me that you have too much spring preload. Take some out and try it again. You really want the softer spring to dampen most of the trail and the stiff spring to kick in as you start to bottom out. What shock are you running? QC or RC
Also play around with tire pressures, it can make a significant difference

Thanks for taking the time to make the videos. Good stuff and I really enjoy them 👍👍

Happy Fourth of July 🇺🇸
Cheers Baja Charlie

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Corbo
Watched your comparison video
My two pesos worth
It appears to me that you have too much spring preload. Take some out and try it again. You really want the softer spring to dampen most of the trail and the stiff spring to kick in as you start to bottom out. What shock are you running? QC or RC
Also play around with tire pressures, it can make a significant difference

Thanks for taking the time to make the videos. Good stuff and I really enjoy them 👍👍

Happy Fourth of July 🇺🇸
Cheers Baja Charlie
Thanks Baja, my XP came with Walker Evans Velocity shocks. I agree with your recommendation for ride quality, however I'm more into the rock crawling aspect and clearance is more important now without changing the geometry like a bracket lift. Down the road, when I put the portals on, then I will go for more of a ride quality tune. I appreciate your dos pesos!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
I have a question for you Corbo, what diameter bar mount did you have to order for your front fire extinguisher? When I pick mine up I am planning on mounting an extinguisher on the next bar back that is in between the front and rear seats so it would be accessible for all passengers, just not sure what the bar diameter is. Thanks
I'm sorry that I didn't catch this earlier. I'm positive that I had answered you, but it must not have sent, because it clearly isn't there. This is what I bought for the fire extinguisher

I liked it because it uses hose clamps and can pretty much mount to anything. Sorry again!

101 - 120 of 144 Posts