Polaris General Forum banner

81 - 100 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Install the stiles foam sound deadening mat behind the seats today
What are your thoughts on the end product and how much it helped quiet the cab? Have been debating on doing this but haven’t taken the leap yet. Any idea how the materials handle moisture? It’s nice being able to spray down the interior.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

Attachments

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
What are your thoughts on the end product and how much it helped quiet the cab? Have been debating on doing this but haven’t taken the leap yet. Any idea how the materials handle moisture? It’s nice being able to spray down the interior.
I can only speak for the Kilmat at this point. It made a difference, however with my after market exhaust the noise is pretty high. I will be taking it out in the next couple of days to gauge the difference the Stiles mat did. My advice is that this stuff is fairly cheap and easy to work with, to go for it. I think the mat should be ok with getting wet. The Kilmat without a doubt could get wet.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Thank you. Did you us another product to cover the mat with?
No, I first put down the 80mil Kilmat and put the Stiles over the top of that. My intention was for the mat to be the top layer

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #88

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Pepe was detailed with lemon fresh furniture polish

Attachments

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Installed some visors today

Attachments

Reactions: 2020GeneralPremium

·
Registered
197 Posts
Corbo, I’ll be interested to hear how the Killmat only compares to the Killmat+Stiles mat. Looks like just $100 and some time to add both. My wife complains about the noise and drone, so this might be a good thing for us to do. Everything gets dusty so I wouldn’t want carpet over the Killmat. Thx in advance.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Corbo, I’ll be interested to hear how the Killmat only compares to the Killmat+Stiles mat. Looks like just $100 and some time to add both. My wife complains about the noise and drone, so this might be a good thing for us to do. Everything gets dusty so I wouldn’t want carpet over the Killmat. Thx in advance.
I will post the results. I will be taking it out on Sunday up to Las Cruces to some of the old chili challenge trails. It'll be a good test. Tomorrow I have some covers for the gas tank and battery that I will be covering the inside with Kilmat to help stop the sound that comes in under the seats.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I installed this Kemimoto Rzr between the seat bag. I used Baja's method of installing grommets and the use of the plastic push pins

Attachments

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
I installed the battery compartment cover and lined the inside of it with kilmat. Due to the gas tank protector that the XP comes with from the factory, I was unable to use the kydex mud and dirt protector. I'm going to try to go for a ride this evening and to a sound check

Attachments

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I took it out for a ride this morning, the Siless mat help a bit more. They are definite improvements but a stealthier exhaust would help. At some point someone will have to come up with something aftermarket in the way of quiet exhaust. Anyway as far as the kilmat and siless mat, I would do them again

Reactions: TaterTots

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Awesome, we’ll put it on the list to install both Kilmat and Stiless later on this summer
I went for a long ride today with a friend that rode in my general when I first bought it. She commented on how much quieter it was than before. We were able to talk without yelling. So I would have to now say that it's much better

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I just started a YouTube channel named West Texas Tarantulas!
It will feature a 2019 G4 Ride Command and my 2020 G4 XP. My intentions is to push the limits and have fun in the Deserts of the southwest. Here is a link to the second video published

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Nice bud! Love watching sxs videos be sweet to see some more videos with generals in them.. there just isnt enough out there haha🍻🤘
I'm the same way, I try to watch as many as I can get my hands on. There just wasn't any showing off the southwest desert, so I said hey, I can fix that

81 - 100 of 144 Posts