Polaris General Forum banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Sounds like you have a busy week off work! Keep us all posted. If possible, could you show us how you mounted your hi-lift jack? I had mine in Kolpin Rhino Grip Pro mounts but it still moves around and makes me uncomfortable.
So I bought some clamps that were 1.75" for the size of the headache rack and welded the mounts to them

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Put the finishing touches on the cargo rack and have it a coat of paint

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Looking really good! Jealous of that shifter! Installing it was ok?
Installation was no problem, I actually removed more of the tunnel than I needed to. Took just a little over an hour to do. It functions well. Needed to make a small adjustment in the rear.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Installed the 4pt harnesses. I still need to order the bezels to install in the seats, but for now they'll be ok as is

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I bought them on Amazon, just for the front for now. I might put them in the rear later, but most of my extreme riding is just 2 up.

Attachments

Reactions: GoNavy

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Corbo,

Where did you get your 4 point harnesses? Easy to install? What about back seats?

Thank you!
Yes, they are very simple to install. The drivers seat needs the bypass or splice the wires together to fool the ecu

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I installed limit straps. With the sway bar removed, I found that the suspension was banging hard on the shocks. Figured this was an essential add on

Attachments

Reactions: 2020GeneralPremium

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
After seeing the way Baja added these grab handles, i ordered some up. They work nicely

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I worked on operation "silence engine noise" today. Took ideas from Tater Tots, she did a great install of the kilmat. I also ordered the foam mat that she suggested and that will be here next week. But for now I did the rear panel and under the rear seats. It went pretty fast and this stuff is easy to work with. Took it out for a quick spin "20 miles" and it did make a difference. With the MBRP exhaust it is pretty loud, this stuff was and improvement, but I think the foam mat will make a little more difference. Plus it will cover up all the shiny foil. Overall pleased and didn't have my hopes to high, so no disappointment.

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Installing my seat bezels today, just finished the first seat. Here are some pics of the process I used. First a pic of the tools I used. I used the Dewalt hole saw to cut thru the plastic, it worked very well. Then took a sharp razor knife to cut thru the foam. Then took a pic and poked a hole thru each corner. Then centered the bezel and marked it. Then cut the upholstery and installed the bezel.

Attachments

·
Registered
847 Posts
Great job Corbo!!!
Super clean install!
When you strap in and cinch down the harnesses you’ll notice that the seat foam now becomes the third part of your vehicle suspension system. Albeit the General has “shell style” seats, you’ll notice an increase in comfort and on long rides less fatigue.
Again great job!!

Cheers Baja Charlie

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Great job Corbo!!!
Super clean install!
When you strap in and cinch down the harnesses you’ll notice that the seat foam now becomes the third part of your vehicle suspension system. Albeit the General has “shell style” seats, you’ll notice an increase in comfort and on long rides less fatigue.
Again great job!!

Cheers Baja Charlie
Thanks Baja, the idea came from you and I appreciate all the input you give this forum!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
The dragonfire racing quick disconnects came in. I was wondering how I was going to attach the eye bolts and then saw the braces for the seats. Snapped right on, problem solved

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
My buddy and I took the Generals out for a ride today. It was a little overcast so the weather was perfect. Also had my little lady with me, she had a great time!

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
A buddy came over this morning and needed help mounting this 52"light bar. We took his Siezmik mirror brackets and repurpused them and welded some 2"angle on and it worked like a champ

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Install the stiles foam sound deadening mat behind the seats today

Attachments

61 - 80 of 120 Posts