Polaris General Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What rack did you use for that cargo rack?
I bought an ATV receiver hitch rack from harbor freight, it was about 50 bucks. I used the reciever tubing to make the tire carrier. The rest of the rack fab was made with1.5 inch tubing and 2"angle iron. I bought some tie down anchors off Amazon

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Today I ran the wiring for the rear light bars and the Superatv whip lights

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I hooked up some lights inside on the roof for interior lights. White or blue

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Where did you get and what size on your spare wheel and tire? Thanks.
I bought both of them at rocky mountain ATV, the tire is a tusk terrabite 30x10x14, the rim is a steel 7x14, the offset is not the same as the stock rim and same with the diameter. It was only 50 bucks and with any luck will never be needed. Both ran around $210

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Mounted the small shovel that I actually bought before i took delivery of Pepe', another item that hopefully won't be used. Like as been said time after time "better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it"

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Got my outerwears in today

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Genius! I bought the General because I wanted a bed, not to store a spare tire! Think I'll make a rack like that too! Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Genius! I bought the General because I wanted a bed, not to store a spare tire! Think I'll make a rack like that too! Thanks for the idea!

Thanks Skip, The last one is kind of a Frankenstein and I'm still not totally happy with it, I used left over pieces from the harbor freight rack, then cut it modified it and put it back together knowing it was going to be a prototype. Yesterday I bought some 2" square tubing 1/8 thick. I'm going to redo it and build a bumper that it can also pin to for stability. right now it sets 8" away from the bed and with all the play in it, it moves 6"s. So you can feel it bounce. I will bring the next one up tight so it doesn't affect my departure angle any. I'll post pictures of the next build along with the bumper.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Here is a picture of the side view, as you can see there is room for improvement

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
After serious consideration, I decided on the Super Atv skid plate. Between the free shipping and after Christmas sale, it came in the door more than $200 less than the FUTV plate. It didn't make it in time for the end of my vacation. Hopefully I'll have some good weather next week to install it.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Today was spent fabricating a cargo rack for a friend's general. I also added another brace on mine. They are both just about ready for paint. We also worked on the newest version of the spare tire carrier. This version will use the receiver hitch drop down like the last one and also pin to a brace that will bolt to the bottom of the bed. Didn't take any pictures today but will post those when I'm able to get back to the project

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I also welded some tabs on the bumper for my red lens light. A light that will be used for slipping into a hunting area or blind before first light.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Added an aluminum gas cap

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I was finally able to get a day off that i could work on Pepe' got several things accomplished! First off, I removed the sway bar and checked out the flex

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I threaded the new synthetic winch rope and installed the polaris OEM wireless remote, it was plug and play on the remote and followed advice from other threads and unbolted the winch and slid it to the driver's side and it made everything much easier

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Last but not least, i planned on installing the super atv 3"lift but when I raised the front end and removed the shocks I discovered that this new XP suspension drops very low already and with the shock off it only dropped 1/2 inch. So I just preloaded the springs and gave it two inches of lift and called it a day. It gave me 16"clearence in the front and i got about 15"in the back. I'll preload the back a little more next week. I also added 1.5"wheel spacers, now I'm away 67"width

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Here is a better view of the fairlead and rope

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
So yesterday when I was preloading the rear shocks, I went ahead and pulled the clutch cover off and blew out the dust. I can't help but reaffirm the need to do this on a regular basis if you ride in a dusty area. The amount of dust that blew out after just a few rides really surprised me. It took only a couple of minutes but well worth the time for PM. The clutch will live longer and more trouble free if this is done on a regular basis.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So I just pulled the trigger on the Gilomen high performance ECU tune. I went with Pirate's suggestion and ordered it with their ECU and I will send mine in at a later date, after the warranty is up. After reading on here and on Terry's website, I'm convinced this is the way to go.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts