Polaris General Forum banner

201 - 220 of 222 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Today I ordered the GDP 4" billet portals with 30%gear reduction. I also received the performance SxS Bushings, steering tie rods. These look extremely strong, one more item that will be installed when the portals arrive

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
@Corbo1962 wow those things look seriously HD! Pepe is going to be quite the beast when your "done"!
They appear to be very stout! They should provide plenty of strength for the steering once the portals and bigger tires are on.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Installed some wraps on the hood and tailgate, they are both reflective

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
230 Posts
Now that is sweet!

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
When I do the portals and install all the other goodies, I'm going to pull the front diff and replace the bearings and seals with this kit from Sandcraft RCR. I started observing some noise from the front diff several months back and had bought this kit and have been waiting for a good opportunity to install it. Considering I'm going after the drive shaft to install the carrier bearings and the new UJoints

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
I made a list of all the parts that I have accumulated over the last few months in preparation of the portals finally being ready. If anyone with more knowledge on this matter knows of a weak link that I haven't covered, please let me know

PROJECT PORTALS
GDP G3 4" billet 30%reduction
Rhino 2.0 axles x4
HD steering tie rods
300M ball joints x4
HD UJoints x2
SATV carrier bearings x2
Remote grease lines x2
Sandcraft RCR fr diff bearing kit

The portals will get here on Wednesday and then I'll have to figure when I can do the install

·
Super Moderator
4,165 Posts
Nice keep up the work! Upgrading to make it yours is half the fun!

Reactions: Corbo1962

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Went out for a ride yesterday afternoon and got some pics of the new graphics on the hood and tailgate

Attachments

·
Registered
2020XP4
810 Posts
Looking good Corbo!! Love the tailgate!

I had a guy on eBay make me some new General XP decals. My machine was stripped of the factory decals when I bought it. They had some plain white vinyl decals for the bedsides, but no XP on the front fenders or 1000 on the hood area. I fixed that. I think these are 100% better.

Sorry, machine's dirty, too cold to wash it. I cleaned the areas necessary for applying the decals.

Before
IMG_20201212_161526430_HDR.jpg

New
IMG_20210113_203929932.jpg
IMG_20210113_203938289.jpg
IMG_20210113_203953049.jpg

Now, I debate removing all the sponsor decals, because I'm not a big sticker guy. I feel they add to the story of the machine however. Maybe I'll try replacing them with new ones sized and positioned the same, but using the sponsors' color scheme and not just their type font.

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
230 Posts
Those new decals look great!👍

·
Registered
29 Posts

I had a guy on eBay make me some new General XP decals. My machine was stripped of the factory decals when I bought it. They had some plain white vinyl decals for the bedsides, but no XP on the front fenders or 1000 on the hood area. I fixed that. I think these are 100% better.

Sorry, machine's dirty, too cold to wash it. I cleaned the areas necessary for applying the decals.

Before View attachment 68536

New View attachment 68537 View attachment 68538 View attachment 68539

Now, I debate removing all the sponsor decals, because I'm not a big sticker guy. I feel they add to the story of the machine however. Maybe I'll try replacing them with new ones sized and positioned the same, but using the sponsors' color scheme and not just their type font.
Looks awesome, ya ditch the sponser logos for sure

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #213

Before View attachment 68536

New View attachment 68537 View attachment 68538 View attachment 68539

I would say OWN IT! I'm sure you could come up with something better. I like what you did with the new stickers! If it were me, I'd ditch the sponsor decals. This is a new chapter for the machine and do what you want to it. That is an awesome beast.....

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Ups delivered the portals yesterday. The craftsmanship on these are pretty impressive!

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ups delivered the portals yesterday. The craftsmanship on these are pretty impressive!
Man they look good. One day I’ll end up doing something to my xp. All is on hold for the time being. Just found out my wife and I are going to have our first kid, good thing I bought the 4 door lol. I wonder what your top speed is going to be in high gear with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Man they look good. One day I’ll end up doing something to my xp. All is on hold for the time being. Just found out my wife and I are going to have our first kid, good thing I bought the 4 door lol. I wonder what your top speed is going to be in high gear with these.

Congrats on the little one on the way!

Until I can put the 35s on and running the 32s, I will be very low geared. Basically you need 4%reduction for every tire size. So the 32s need 8% and I'll have 30%. I'm thinking 60 will be high. Now with 35s, I'll need 20%reduction plus a little more to turn the bigger heavier tires. So, it should be geared about right, maybe still a tad to the lower end which is good for what I want to do. I'm hoping to be able to get close to 70mph which is plenty for me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congrats on the little one on the way!

Until I can put the 35s on and running the 32s, I will be very low geared. Basically you need 4%reduction for every tire size. So the 32s need 8% and I'll have 30%. I'm thinking 60 will be high. Now with 35s, I'll need 20%reduction plus a little more to turn the bigger heavier tires. So, it should be geared about right, maybe still a tad to the lower end which is good for what I want to do. I'm hoping to be able to get close to 70mph which is plenty for me.
Thanks! It’s going to be a wild ride with the kiddo on the way. I’m excited and nervous all at the same time!

That’s going to make it a crawling machine then. 70mph with 35s is going to be pretty awesome. I don’t even know what my top speed is on my xp yet. I haven’t even hit my 25 hour break in period yet and I’ve had the machine a few months. Been too busy at work and then out on the tractor when I get home. Did y’all get any snow on this last go around of storms? We got a few inches and i did take the General out and play in it, that was pretty fun.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #218 (Edited)
Thanks! It’s going to be a wild ride with the kiddo on the way. I’m excited and nervous all at the same time!

That’s going to make it a crawling machine then. 70mph with 35s is going to be pretty awesome. I don’t even know what my top speed is on my xp yet. I haven’t even hit my 25 hour break in period yet and I’ve had the machine a few months. Been too busy at work and then out on the tractor when I get home. Did y’all get any snow on this last go around of storms? We got a few inches and i did take the General out and play in it, that was pretty fun.

I've had mine to 76mph but I also have the Giloman tune. Yours should have no problem hitting the speed governor at 73ish. It's good you're taking it easy to you get it broke in.

No snow here, it hit north east of here and missed us by a couple hundred miles. I've put in 120 hours of overtime in the last month and a half. With deer session, there hasn't been much time to ride either. I know exactly what you mean. A few more weeks of this extra work and hopefully get back to normal. Desert trails, mountains and crawling are my thing, so this should be just right

·
Registered
3,035 Posts

Congrats to both you and your bride. Hope everything goes well and the baby is healthy!

Reactions: Corbo1962

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Here is a video I did about the upcoming portal install

201 - 220 of 222 Posts