Polaris General Forum banner

181 - 200 of 222 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
I picked up several things on the SATV Black Friday sales event. They finally got the rear Rhino 2.0 axles finished, so I have all four axles coming. I bought the 300M ball joints for the front end. And both carrier bearings along with the remote grease hoses. It'll be awhile before I can get them installed, but it was a good savings in parts that were on the list.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
The last of my Black Friday SATV parts came in yesterday, pretty fast shipping all things considered, (i.e. holiday weekend). It certainly beat some Amazon prime (2day) things that I'm still waiting on. These Rhino 2.0 axles are pretty impressive, now just to find the time to install them.

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
230 Posts
Corbo,
How are your Sedona Rock-a-Billy’s doing? Do you still like them as well as when you first got em? How is the tread lasting? I read that the tread depth is only 0.59”. I’m just wondering about how long they will last. Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Polaris General Premium
120 Posts
The last of my Black Friday SATV parts came in yesterday, pretty fast shipping all things considered, (i.e. holiday weekend). It certainly beat some Amazon prime (2day) things that I'm still waiting on. These Rhino 2.0 axles are pretty impressive, now just to find the time to install them.
Can't wait to see what you have in store for for Pepe next!

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Corbo,
How are your Sedona Rock-a-Billy’s doing? Do you still like them as well as when you first got em? How is the tread lasting? I read that the tread depth is only 0.59”. I’m just wondering about how long they will last. Thanks
I'm am still liking them very much. Other than the increased tire size they perform very similar to the proarmor crawlers that the machine came stock with. I do expect they will be a little better in mud due to a little more gap in the tread that will clear out better. This Pic is of the new spare and it has almost 19/32 of tread depth. The tires on the ground show very little wear, so they seem to be wearing well. I only have about 125 miles on them

Attachments

Reactions: TCampbell

·
Registered
2020 General 4 1000, SuperATV 3” lift, Quad Boss 2” wheel spacers, Hunterworks rollers and belt
230 Posts
Thanks Corbo. I’m thinking of going with 32” tires as well as a gear reduction. The Sedona may be the tire I go with.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Thanks Corbo. I’m thinking of going with 32” tires as well as a gear reduction. The Sedona may be the tire I go with.
So did you end up selling your 2020 G4 to get an XP

·
Registered
230 Posts
No I’ve still got it. Probably gonna keep it and upgrade a little at a time. Try to get close to an XP through upgrades for now till I can justify trading it for a newer XP. Get a few years on it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
A Gilman tune is in my future as well.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
A Gilman tune is in my future as well.
That's a good upgrade! I think your smart to keep it for awhile, isn't half the fun in these is upgrading. My friend 2019 ride command model is pretty much stock and stays right me. These generals are very capable

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yessir!

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
With the announcement of Super ATV rolling out the GDP portals for the XP model, its time to start working on the cage modifications. I'm looking to drop the peak in the middle and lowering the roof by @5inches. Pepe is going to have to fit in the garage after the portals are installed.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Can I ask....for my learning.....what is the point of the portals? What do they actually do?

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Can I ask....for my learning.....what is the point of the portals? What do they actually do?
They have several benefits. (1)They give you lift without changing your suspension geometry. (2)They give you gear reduction at the hub, which doesn't weaken your drive train. If you do a gear reduction in the transmission, then from that point to the tires, your putting more strain on everything. With the portals, that reduction is done right at each wheel, so there isn't any strain on the rest of the system. (3)They give you width, 4inches on each side, which increases your stability. (4)The lift they give you is a true 4" (in my case) or 6" or 8" depending on what you go with. This is due to the fact that it puts the whole machine, AArms and all up that amount of lift. With the 4" portals, you have to run a minimum of 15inch wheels with 5+2 offset, which I have. If you go with 6" portals, then I believe you have to run 18inch rims and if you go with 8" portals then you have to run 20inch rims. I want to run 15inch rims on the 35s, so I have more side wall that when running lower tire pressure you have more grip for the rock crawling that I do. If you were a mud guy, then the taller rim would probably be better. Hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yes thank you! I understand now!

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #196

·
Registered
230 Posts
That is one thing I was a bit concerned about on the SATV3” lift. Extending everything out suspension wise. We will leave it that way for a while and see how it goes! Hey, that could be a future upgrade! Lol

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
That is one thing I was a bit concerned about on the SATV3” lift. Extending everything out suspension wise. We will leave it that way for a while and see how it goes! Hey, that could be a future upgrade! Lol
Right, not to put down the bracket lift, and I was most certainly gonna do it but when it came in, I didn't think that it fit the XP. I sold it to my friend that has a 2019 ride command. The down side of the bracket lift is it changes your suspension geometry. this in turn affects your ride quality. I then went the route of the shock therapy dual rate spring kit and got 1.5 inches of clearance from preloading the spring tension. I could get more, but until I get the Rhino 2.0 axles installed, I don't want to stress my stock CV joints. I have a 2inch bracket lift on my Rzr 800 trail and that ride changed a bit, but there weren't many options on that machine and no one ever called it a plush ride. One thing for sure, the bracket lift is inexpensive, easy to install and you can change it down the road. If it was me, with your machine, I would look into the HCR long travel kit. I'm sure it could be preloaded as well and get you the same amount of clearance and still have 17inch of suspension travel.

Reactions: TCampbell

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thanks Corbo!

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
I remeasured my garage door opening and the machine before I came to work. The door opening is 81 inches and the machine sets at 78inches. If I were to stay with the 32s for awhile and take 1 inch out of the preload of the 1.5 that I put in it with the shock therapy springs, then that gives me the 4 inches I need for the portals without chopping the top. The machine would have 15inches of ground clearance and with the portals, I would then have 19inches. That would buy me some time till I get the 35s. Its so hard to predict nice days for fabrication. I have to do mine in the driveway.

181 - 200 of 222 Posts