Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pepe is the name a gave my 2020 XP General. I'm going to use this thread to document his journey into adulthood. To start off, here is a picture of the day I took delivery. From the dealer I had the front hood rack, headache rack, rear windshield, Seizmik side mirrors and A Arm guards installed. The only reason I went with the polaris guards was because they were the only option due to the new high clearance aarms. My daughter went with me to pick it up and before we loaded it on the trailer, we installed the Seizmik front windshield.

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Roof led light bar install, bought the bracket on Amazon as well as the light, install was straight forward, removed the roof to ease getting at the tie down screws. Pillar lights were another story. Since i didn't like the mounts that came with the mirrors and the front rack was using the bolts on the pillar. I decide to make use of the front rack brackets and kill two birds with one stone. So I fab a mirror and light bracket into the rack mount

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumper light and light switches. Bought the light off Amazon, the first one was way too big the second one filled the space just right. Plenty of light to fill up the desert now. In my next of the woods you can drive around and blast varmints at night

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Muz & Twodogs
I made a spare tire carrier today, not real happy with it, so I'll call it a first attempt. The next version will be higher off the ground and maybe be tiltable for bed lifting and tailgate lowering

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Worked on my cargo rack, a couple more details left then ready for paint

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Installed the hunter works secondary clutch rollers, belt and white washer. I can say, that with 88 miles on the machine, wear was already starting. Scotch bright cleaned it up nicely, but I'm glad I didn't wait.

Attachments

Reactions: Tcubed

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great looking ride!!

I like the led roof lights with the the thin look & appears they give off some good light.

Do you happen to have a link from amazon for the lights and the mounts?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After looking at it a little closer, it actually lifts out, so you can remove the upper assembly.
Thanks Chadw, I will look at it closely when I'm drawing up the next version.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great looking ride!!

I like the led roof lights with the the thin look & appears they give off some good light.

Do you happen to have a link from amazon for the lights and the mounts?

Thanks, here is the link to the light bar
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MCNYV6P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And these were the mounts I used and had no issues with them
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DLNHDD7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Modified the tire carrier to drop down when needed

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mounted the hi lift jack up on the headache rack

Attachments

Reactions: MMX

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This was from a ride on Tuesday just behind my house, there is rocky hills and sand dunes. Red sands is a place here that is a 20 minute ride

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Installed the rest of the switches I'll be using

Attachments

1 - 20 of 120 Posts