Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, I ordered two pre filters for the intakes and a pre filter for the primary air filter as well, I am wondering if you all use them or if they may restrict more than they help?

Thanks,

Ron

·
Registered
584 Posts
I also have all three outerwears! It is very dust where I live and yes, dust is our enemies. I haven't noticed any problems with airflow restriction. I also pull my clutch cover off every couple of trips out and blow all the dust out of both clutches, I'm always amazed how much dust comes out!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
We have our clutch intakes and air filter covered.
Also have Frogskins over the side clutch intake.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I also have all three outerwears! It is very dust where I live and yes, dust is our enemies. I haven't noticed any problems with airflow restriction. I also pull my clutch cover off every couple of trips out and blow all the dust out of both clutches, I'm always amazed how much dust comes out!
he said it!! i rode just the dirt roads around my house when i bought her breaking her in. at about 150 miles i changed the belt. it was my first time with a cvt (i was gentle) so i wanted to do it in the garage and while it was clean before i had to do it on the trail. plus now have a broke in belt as a spare. anyhow....just after the 150 miles (and before the outerwares) i couldn't believe how much dust come out of the clutches. i will never ride again without them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a outerwear on my air filter but am i correct that some people are putting covers on the intakes under the hood, is this correct? if so where do you buy them? we have 8 months of very dry weather and no rain every year so dust becomes issues.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Panty hose works as well. Can even find the disposable footies while out shopping with wife. They work as well and free.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
756 Posts
The General draws air very well compared to other side by sides. I would base your decision on whether to run a pre filter sock on where you ride and how dusty it is. If you encounter dust time to time I’d say no pre filter, if it’s a pretty dusty trail run a pre filter, if it’s super dusty with silt beds install a S&B Particle Separator. Nice thing about the S&B Particle Separator is you only have to clean your air filter once a year.
I blow my belt and clutch out after every trip and my belt has 4,190 miles on it and it looks brand new and yes it is surprising how much dust comes out even on a short 160 mile day ride.

For me I don’t run any pre filter probably because I’m usually leading our group and dust is usually not a factor. All my RZR buddies run S&B’s and I might put one on this year but for now I’m good.

My two pesos worth
Cheers
Baja Charlie

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts