Polaris General Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for ways to mount a slow moving triangle that can easily be removed and without drilling. Any ideas? Pics?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m looking for ways to mount a slow moving triangle that can easily be removed and without drilling. Any ideas? Pics?
I bought a reflective sticker that was 1/2 scale 8 inches by 7 inches that I plan to stick on my rear glass of my XP4 behind the drivers side rear passenger seat so it is above the tailgate but not blocking view out the back. I know legally they are supposed to be 14x16 but 99% of the folks using them for ATV reasons are breaking 99% of the other SMV laws anyways so what's the diff if it's 1/2 scale.

If I am getting pulled over then the scale of the sticker is the least of my worries most of the time! However they do make full scale stickers as well that are "legal" if that makes you feel safer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did the Same thing, stuck a sticker on back behind the left seat. If you want to be able to take it off and put one on which ive thought about also, is make up or find a magnetic one that either fits correctly somewhere to the general which maybe hard sonce its mostly plastic, or make a metal plate, or have metal stips mounted somewhere on the general and have a magnetic triangle that you can take off and put on easily.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Don't know what the law reads in your State but in NoDak you couldn't have a SMV sign on your vehicle or equipment if you would be going faster than 25 mph or the fine would be horrendous and that makes sense too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use a plastic triangle that fits in rear window grooves ( between window seal & framework). Put in for the 5 mile asphalt ride, then take out when I hit woods.

·
Registered
719 Posts
There are bolts under the tailgate on each side, build a bracket for those or use the mounting holes intended for the bumper?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I took a piece of 1/16" thick steel and bent it at a 90 degree angle. Then I bolted the triangle to the steel and attached the other end of the bracket with a bolt using the holes in the bed with the lock and ride tie down anchors. It works great doing it this way.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Update to what ive already posted above:
I didnt really care for the stick on triangle just incase i wanted to or needed to see through that part of the window which i doubt i ever will, but i took the sticker triangle off and used 1" velcro on the edges of the triangle and since i have the polaris rear window i drilled a hole in the triangle so the screw for the window wouldn't be in the way, so the screw fits in the hole in the triangle. Clean look, and removable. Only thing on the window now is a strip of velcro which does not limit my view if i take the triangle off.
The velcro is plenty strong enough to hold it on even trailering it. Make sure to clean the window with alcohol first to get a good stick with the velcro.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here’s what I ended up with. I picked up a 12” angle, 1 1/2” pipe plug, and hardware from Lowe’s. Still need to put a short weld at 90 and paint.
E468096C-40D0-4F67-BBB7-6B4BB000BA0A.jpeg
15A55520-8E6A-4486-A1AB-2FB1535143B1.jpeg

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Don't leave it on when trailering it unless you have an enclosed trailer. You can get fined for going over 25 MPH with that SMV sign on your machine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts