Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I know that there have been a million posts about doors sticking out too far. Mine have stick out about 1/3-1/2" on the front edge and about 3/4-1" on the lower rear corner. When I brought it up to the dealer, they said the door seals are really thick and would take a while to break in. Problem is, our tires are right in front of that and again, dealing with painted plastic rather than normal ATV plastics here, so I already have 2 big paint chips on the leading edge of my door with only 30 miles on the machine.

Add in the diff rattle, as well as some strange vibration, whistle high pitch hum coming from the right rear of the cab from what I can tell. Loud clunk or slap each time I tap the gas in reverse in particular and this seems like a pretty poor quality machine for the price.

The concept and look is great. Quality Control seems to be the issue. Has anyone had any luck with them covering doors? Has anyone tried putting a real thin strip of 3m rock shield type stuff on that front edge of the door to make sure it won't chip? Seems like that will look bad too and we should just have doors that line up properly. Just wondering what kind of luck you have had with dealers?

·
Registered
147 Posts
My doors don't stick out at the front. They do at the bottom rear but I think they make them like that. When you put the low profile rock sliders on the doors look like they were made for them. They have closed really well and i have not adjusted them at all. My dealer is looking at my doors this week for the separation issue. I have no clunk or whistle . Front diff rattle there is various opinions. Some say change the oil and it goes away. I'm doing that this week. I have to listen really hard to hear mine and probably only hear it cause I read about it and started to pay special attention to it. The mind does things when you read everyone's else problems and you go looking for them....JMO

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very true Racer! I try not to look for the issues, but originally thought the diff rattle was just something lose in my dash until I read about it on here, so glad I did. Talked to dealer and they are ordering the parts to fix it. Will have them look at the doors at the time. Tempted to play with adjustment ahead of time, but worried that if they are going to cover anything on it, they may not if I go messing with it first, so I may wait until after appointment for that, as they shut great! My guess is that some of this is getting amplified by having the full glass in the front and the rear on right now as well, as far as rattles and squeaks and such. We'll see!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know for the General 4, the back doors are difficult to open period. You have to push into the door, press the latch on the inside, and then pull all in one quick motion. Our dealer tried to fix it when we first got it, but it seems to be just the seals sealing very well, or that's how I'd like to think of it as.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Very true Racer! I try not to look for the issues, but originally thought the diff rattle was just something lose in my dash until I read about it on here, so glad I did. Talked to dealer and they are ordering the parts to fix it. Will have them look at the doors at the time. Tempted to play with adjustment ahead of time, but worried that if they are going to cover anything on it, they may not if I go messing with it first, so I may wait until after appointment for that, as they shut great! My guess is that some of this is getting amplified by having the full glass in the front and the rear on right now as well, as far as rattles and squeaks and such. We'll see!
Come to think of it, I only started to hear it after I had installed the glass front and rear. I'm taking mine in for stereo warranty and decals that peeled tomorrow. They also said that they will look at the doors separating too. I will bring up the rattle in front end and see what they say.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts