Polaris General Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for campground recommendations in east Oklahoma & west Arkansas that have direct access to trails.

·
Registered
200 Posts
About a dozen years or so ago, someone I know took me by a place in that area, just like what you're describing. We didn't have the time (or machines with us) so I can't describe the trails very much, but the few campsites we drove past had buggies of all types sitting there. He made it sound like it was an offroad haven too. IIRC, it was somewhere in the northwest corner of Arkansas and maybe towards Miami.

·
Registered
2022 Polaris General 1000 Premium
666 Posts
I watched Polaris destination yesterday, they was at mulberry mtn resort and campground in west Arkansas, chasing waterfalls, looked like a great place to ride, they got a website just put in mulberry mtn

·
Registered
2022 General 1000 Premium
10 Posts
Our favorite spot in Oklahoma is the Lake Murray ATV area just south of Ardmore, OK! It has 1,000 acres of trails with different kinds of terrain, sand, hills and gulleys perfect for ATV riding. Cost is $10 per day per person. Has full service RV area ($36 per night) and tent camping ($23 per night) right next to ATV entrance. You can ride from campground to the ATV entrance on your ATV. Entrance has poles set at about 65", my 2022 General at 63" just makes it. You can ride from 8:00 am till sundown. Try it, it's a lot of fun!

·
Registered
345 Posts
For us that do not know what is TAT???
there is a guy on the can am forum that has done the entire loop, a couple times i think. that would be the trip of all trips!!!

Trans-America Trail

Map Ecoregion World Organism Font

·
Registered
2022 G4 XP Deluxe General Misconduct
176 Posts
Is there a special permit required for this trail? Are there actual maps for the route ? Have never even heard of this… Thinking I would love to do it…..
I bought a roll map, paper map and got it sent to me via download for Arkansas.
Check out YouTube, and the Trans-America Trail website.

You can get individual state maps, The whole trail, or just sections.

Half the fun is the planning.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I bought a roll map, paper map and got it sent to me via download for Arkansas.
Check out YouTube, and the Trans-America Trail website.

You can get individual state maps, The whole trail, or just sections.

Half the fun is the planning.
make sure you keep this thread going. i would love to try this. if my oct / nov wasn't booked i would try to tag along.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts